Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone not hate Bono?

Options
  • 03-11-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

This just came to my head because Adam Clayton recently revealed he's a hard man to live with.

I don't mind him personally but the vast, vast majority of U2 fans and haters alike can't stand him.

For me I do agree he can be a little bit annoying at times with the whole shaking politician's hands and talking global warming during concerts but really he could be worse.

At best he is a good and genuine man unlike the likes of Liam Gallagher, Alex Turner, Axel Rose and other rock stars who we can honestly agree they are a**holes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

He lives in the clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRnlDo-ywq8

He's not the worst like you say, but he is a peace of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Who's Bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

smash wrote: »
    He lives in the clouds.
    He wishes he was that tall

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Say what you want about the gimp but U2 have some great songs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Who's Bono?

Yer man that went out with Cher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I really really hate him - I'm not even sure why, but my hate is eternal!

Also, interesting fact. The Edge's Dad calls him the Edge, as in "oh the Edge will be along in a minute". I don't know which one of them is worse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

karaokeman wrote: »
    At best he is a good and genuine man unlike the likes of Liam Gallagher, Adam Turner, Axel Rose and other rock stars who we can honestly agree they are a**holes.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Who?

From the Arctic Monkeys, he's a douchebag as much as I love his lyrics and his band.

EDIT : My bad I meant to say Alex Turner not Adam Turner

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Who?
    Lead singer with the Siberian Monkeys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Alex Turner (of Arctic Monkeys) maybe?

I don't hate Bono. He does irritate me and make me cringe, but not to the point of hatred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

He's the type everyone loves to hate, but wait till he dies and there will be mass mournings. The country will be at a stand still for days and the haters will suddenly profess to being his biggest fan all along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Degsy here is his number 1 fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hate is such a strong word. Pighead's a firm believer in the notion that you cannot truly hate a person until you walk a mile in their shoes.

Would probably end up hating Bono though in fairness as he wears horrible small shoes that would cut the bucking ankles of anyone with decent sized feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

He's not important enough for me to care about

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

watna wrote: »
    I really really hate him - I'm not even sure why, but my hate is eternal!

Also, interesting fact. The Edge's Dad calls him the Edge, as in "oh the Edge will be along in a minute". I don't know which one of them is worse

I'd say that's great after a few drinks and the whole family stand around saying stuff like 'Keep back from the edge' or 'don't get too close to the edge'...or maybe not, whichever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I don't hate Bono. He can be a bit annoying when he launches into his political or humanitarian agendas in the middle of concerts, but I always grin and bear it and wait for them to launch into Sunday, Bloody Sunday.

When I was a postie Windmill Lane was on my delivery route for a while, he actually comes across as pretty normal in person.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Up to The Unforgettable Fire, some really stunning stuff. Much "cooler" bands, like The Cure, were copying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

The Joshua Tree is a masterpiece, Achtung Baby and Pop have some great tracks but recent albums...not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I honestly didn't care one way or the other until he wrote that New York Times Editorial about file sharing a couple of years back, ****ing tit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If he poked me in the eye with a stick, I'd hate him, but at the moment I just don't fuckin like him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

WindSock wrote: »
    He's the type everyone loves to hate, but wait till he dies and there will be mass mournings. The country will be at a stand still for days and the haters will suddenly profess to being his biggest fan all along.

Wishful thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    The Joshua Tree is a masterpiece, Achtung Baby and Pop have some great tracks but recent albums...not so much

I actually thought 'All that You Can't Leave Behind' was ok....and without 'Beautiful Day' DJ's wouldn't have a clue what to play for our yearly day of sunshine at the beginning of May.

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

Started really sliding after Zooropa IMO and that's 18 years ago. Occasional good songs since then, but mostly blandtastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Couldn't give a toss about the man, but I'll listen to his music for the rest of my days. Amazing band only topped by Led Zeppelin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Can us don't carers maintain our icy indifference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

True that:).
    Dudess wrote: »
    Up to The Unforgettable Fire, some really stunning stuff

Wouldn't agree on that one.

U2 still make some good songs here and there.

Admittedly No Line On The Horizon wasn't their best but their second best album (next to Joshua Tree) beyond question was How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

Depends on your opinion - I do like the odd song since '93 but found them far better before then, and at their best up to '85.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Celeb forum for celebrity talk.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement