Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A small victory.

Options
  • 03-11-2011 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Having a few drinks tonight.
    Thought i'd run out of cigs and was feeling antsy to say the least.
    Know it's pathetic and i should quit, but i found myself rifling through every pocket of every garment i own in the vain hope i'd find a crumpled cigarette pack laden with precious cargo or at least one that would offer up a rumpled morsel.
    No dice.
    Returned to my seat and picked up this here computer, picked up a couple of papers from the table beside me in order to throw them down in pure frustration and, lo and behold, the corner of my eye caught what looked like the gleam off a pack of Benson & Hedges.
    To my surprise, i never tend to leave cigarette packs on that table, that's what it was, and it yielded a bountiful harvest.
    I realise that this isn't much of a story and that this victory, apart from being small, is, given the nature of what i'm celebrating, something of a pyrrhic one, but i still, perhaps due to the fact i'm a bit drunk and juggling watching music videos on youtube with checking into AH now and again, feel compelled to post this video in honour of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Like when you think all the sweets are gone from the pack, but then, another one appears at the bottom and just for a moment, you're in heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Riveting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Brings back memories.

Would have walked across a flat field in a lighting storm holding a golf club above my head singing 'don't stop me now' to get myself a cig if I'd run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

That reminds me; haven't watched 'The Golden Child' in years.
    Chalking that down.
    This night just keeps getting better!

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    Riveting

I aim to please..
    If there was any sarcasm intended i won't even mind; a nice, cool smoke takes the edge off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ascanbe wrote: »
    Chalking that down.
    This night just keeps getting better!

"Only a man whose heart is pure can wield the knife, and only a man whose ass is narrow can fit down these steps."

I aim to please..

You need to aim higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Love Faith No More.

Any of you kids on here, check out "Easy" and "Midnight Cowboy" on YouTube.

Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Why didnt you just buy some more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sweet :), I know that awful feeling when your having a few at home and you miscalculate your cig supply and have to ration whats left for the rest of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

orourkeda wrote: »
    Why didnt you just buy some more

Failed to prepare.
    Thought i had a pack at home, then realised i didn't have a pack at home, then, through sheer luck, discovered that i did, in fact, have a pack at home, so, as it happened, didn't fail to prepare.
    Am in the sticks, relatively speaking, so couldn't just head out to the nearest all-night garage, which, in this instance, turned out to be a good thing.

Looks like this is gonna turn into a AH tribute to Faith No More thread; better than i could've ever expected.
    This is just f*cking phenomenal:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Me neither! But I'm just about to rectify that. "I - I, I - I, I, I, I want the knife." A classic...

Having a few drinks tonight.
    Thought i'd run out of cigs and was feeling antsy to say the least.
    Know it's pathetic and i should quit, but i found myself rifling through every pocket of every garment i own in the vain hope i'd find a crumpled cigarette pack laden with precious cargo or at least one that would offer up a rumpled morsel.
    No dice.
    Returned to my seat and picked up this here computer, picked up a couple of papers from the table beside me in order to throw them down in pure frustration and, lo and behold, the corner of my eye caught what looked like the gleam off a pack of Benson & Hedges.
    To my surprise, i never tend to leave cigarette packs on that table, that's what it was, and it yielded a bountiful harvest.
    I realise that this isn't much of a story and that this victory, apart from being small, is, given the nature of what i'm celebrating, something of a pyrrhic one, but i still, perhaps due to the fact i'm a bit drunk and juggling watching music videos on youtube with checking into AH now and again, feel compelled to post this video in honour of it.

How many have you smoked so far ?

What is it ?
    It's it, what is it ?

Throw up another single from Angel Dust.
    One of the best albums ever IMO.
    What a song:

• Advertisement

Four.

Slow down or you will have none left for the morning.

Throw up another single from Angel Dust.
    One of the best albums ever IMO.
    What a song:

Sweet. :D

Can't find the original version of "Easy like Sunday morning" on YouTube, maybe it has been taken down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HLecter

hondasam wrote: »
    Slow down or you will have none left for the morning.

T'was damn near a full pack; will have plenty for the morning.
    Don't tend to smoke in the morning, anyway; only tend to smoke when i drink.
    I'm a lightweight in that regard, really; would be held in contempt by true smokers.
    But when i'm drinking i'd run through a brick wall for a smoke; it's like two addictions intertwined and i don't know which one is the most powerful/which one, if either, compels me to indulge in both.

T'was damn near a full pack; will have plenty for the morning.
    Don't tend to smoke in the morning, anyway; only tend to smoke when i drink.
    I'm a lightweight in that regard, really; would be held in contempt by true smokers.
    But when i'm drinking i'd run through a brick wall for a smoke; it's like two addictions intertwined and i don't know which one is the most powerful/which one, if either, compels me to indulge in both.

It's obvious you drink because you smoke, if you stopped drinking you would stop smoking:p

TheUsual wrote: »
    Sweet. :D

Can't find the original version of "Easy like Sunday morning" on YouTube, maybe it has been taken down.

Here's the original and the FNM cover.
    Both live:

Advertisement