Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with photo/editing/removing from Word issue

Options
  • 03-11-2011 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I kind of need to solve this in the next 48 hours so any help would be great.

I have a photo saved in a word document. However, I want:

a. the photo saved as an image file
    b. to be able to edit it to exactly 600 x 600 pixels

How do I do these 2 things?

Also, I thought that maybe I could right click on the photo in word and save it to the desktop but I actually ended up pasting it to the desktop and now all my icons have a blue highlighted element to them.

How can I undo this silly act?

Thanks a million!

PS is there any way for someone to know when the picture was taken if I email it to them? It's for a visa and was supposed to be taken within the last 6 months but it's actually about 8 months old.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You should be able to right click on the picture and then select Cut. Then Paste into the photo/picture software of your choice (Paint, Photoshop, whatever) and then resize and save.

Not sure if you can find the attributes (date/time, etc) of the picture file from the document or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Hey Ruu, thanks for that.

Tried what you suggested by cutting and pasting into Paint but it turned it funny. Like a pastel/sketch/weird coloured image.

So, I finally found something on net that let me do it. I dragged the photo to the desktop, and it prompted a message asking me if I wanted to save it and I said yes. Then it saved it as a jpg.

I don't think you can actually drag it to the desktop, its just that doing so brings up that prompt message which in turn then enables you to save it as an image. If you get me.

Still need help with the other issue though. I "cut and pasted an image to the desktop" (i know is it sounds weird) and it's done a funny thing. Now all icon and folder names on the desktop are highlighted as if I pressed ctrl/A.

Thanks Ruu and thanks in advance anyone who can help me with the other thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Install Irfanview. Thne copy the image from Word and paste it into Irfanview. You can then do any chopping, resizing & saving within Irfanview. Save it as a jpg from within Irfanview and then insert that saved image into the document.

Advertisement