Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance Complication

Options
  • 03-11-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and my wife are in a bit of a complicated situation at the moment. We just got accepted onto the housing list for a Dublin Council as our address is in their area and according to An Post our address is Dublin also.

However our local CWO is in Meath and has told us we are subject to a maximum of €650 so we cannot get rent allowance as our rent is €800 a month. We have a child so the maximum in Dublin is €930.

I was wondering is there anything we can do about this? Surely if the council accepted us onto their housing list and An Post say we're Dublin then we should be subject to the Dublin limits and not Meath?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    CWO have their own area system as far as I can tell.

I'm in South county Kilkenny and my cwo serves a lot of the southern area of the county, but he works from the Waterford office. As such we are subject to the Waterford rates for rent supplement (which are lower the the KK ones).

Mad but thats the way it is.

You may be able to be on more than one council list. May be worth looking into.

Also see if your landlord is willing to reduce the rent so that it falls within the limits for your family size.

HTH

Advertisement