Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women and ATM machines.

Options
  • 02-11-2011 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

is it possilbeliey possible for a woman to use an atm machine in less than 2 minutes.?

serious question.

can be quite fustrating when all thats needed is a few button pushes to grab a wad of cash and GTFO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Is it possible for you to spell possible right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Yes, it is possible.

Next question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Is it possible for you to spell possible right?

nope.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Women and Automated Teller Machine Machine's??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The M in ATM stands for Machine.

And it takes me about 30 seconds to use an ATM, depending on how good the ATM is. The ones in shops take an eternity to process a transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Yes

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

I'm a guy but if I see some huffy little f*ck in the queue behind me urging me to move quickly I like to take an especially long time getting my money, perhaps even buying phone credit and adding in an extra mobile number. This is especially fun at lunchtime. Although it can also shorten my lunch break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I'd rather if more women (mainly over 40) realised that when you get to the counter of a shop with the items you want to buy, you will be expected to pay for them.

Please take out the purse/money/credit card in advance. Diggin your handbag for 2 minutes at this point is pretty annoying for those behind you in the queue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Contrary to the opinion of some, this is not the "Post Sexist Crap Here" forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

is it possilbeliey possible for a woman to use an atm machine in less than 2 minutes.?

serious question.

can be quite fustrating when all thats needed is a few button pushes to grab a wad of cash and GTFO.

What the fúck is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Men are as bad.

A guy in front of me earlier hadn't a fuc*ing clue what he was doing. It's an ATM, you clown, not the controls for a spaceship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Men/Women ANYONE that can't use the self service checkouts at Tesco etc,

Go to the fcuking tills for Christs sake!

That is all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I don't go to the pass machine, I just raid my husband's wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I'd rather if more women (mainly over 40) realised that when you get to the counter of a shop with the items you want to buy, you will be expected to pay for them.

Please take out the purse/money/credit card in advance. Diggin your handbag for 2 minutes at this point is pretty annoying for those behind you in the queue.

Yes that makes me want to kill them, and make sure you stay there after you are finished putting your change away in your huge purse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

The amount of people in general who take so long to use an ATM is unreal. It literally takes 30 seconds to use yet people sometimes take 3-5minutes. I know some may be checking their balance but some are just retards

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Women when using an ATM machine, prevent the person behind you from knowing your number by deliberately keying in the wrong one. Then pretend to collect your money, and walk away smiling innocently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they need to have seperate ATMs for men and women, simples

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Both sexes are responsible for this indeed.

They're probably paralyzed with fear because of the person seething and muttering under their breath behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Being a woman I just get very confused by all the buttons and stuff I have yet to break the 2 minute mark. I am planning on taking a crash course soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Hve to say, i find women useless at ATM's. Have talked about this many times with friends and they all agreed, i think they done something on Ray Darcy a few years back, they timed men and women, and women were much slower..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Being a woman I just get very confused by all the buttons and stuff I have yet to break the 2 minute mark. I am planning on taking a crash course soon.

Maybe if they put pictures of kittens on the buttons it would be easier or made them pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Men only ATMs, love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Slow people should fcuk off - your shopping, the atm, the bus- seriously you must have just had time to make your breakfast before nightfall.... ¬¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Yore Ma

was getting money out to buy you underwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Hve to say, i find women useless at ATM's. Have talked about this many times with friends and they all agreed, i think they done something on Ray Darcy a few years back, they timed men and women, and women were much slower..

There we have it, folks. Debate over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Two people are the worst.

Together I mean, not two specific people like Tony and Sean - that would just be a weird thing for me to post, when you wouldn't know who they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

women are worse at ATMs... & also worse at taking forever to pack there crap up at supermarkets & gtfo outta there to let the next person be served.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Drive Thru ATM’s – Men vs Women

MALE PROCEDURE:

Drive up to the cash machine.
    Put down your car window.
    Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
    Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
    Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
    Put window up.
    Drive off.

FEMALE PROCEDURE:

Drive up to cash machine.
    Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.
    Set parking brake, put the window down.
    Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.
    Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up.
    Attempt to insert card into machine.
    Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car.
    Insert card.
    Re-insert card the right way.
    Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.
    Enter PIN.
    Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
    Enter amount of cash required.
    Check makeup in rear view mirror.
    Retrieve cash and receipt.
    Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.
    Write debit amount in check register and place receipt in back of checkbook.
    Re-check makeup.
    Drive forward 2 feet.
    Reverse back to cash machine. !
    Retrieve card.
    Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided!
    Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.
    Restart stalled engine and pull off.
    Redial person on cell phone.
    Drive for 2 to 3 miles.
    Release Hand Brake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

they need to have seperate ATMs for men and women, simples

ATM Machines and ATF Machines? Good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I've never noticed women being slower tbh.
    I certainly am not slow personally.
    I've definitely noticed the correlation between age and speed though.
    I always use my laser now anyway, so I don't have to worry about this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement