Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainee Accountant - FS or Non FS?

Options
  • 02-11-2011 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I accepted a position within the Big 4 last year and am currently undertaking a Masters in Accounting (to obtain CAP 2 exemptions)

I had originally opted for Audit in Non Financial Services (Retail and Distribution) However having given it some thought I feel I may wish to change over to Financial Services seeing as it is such a growing area and my original choice is in decline.

I don't not start work until Sept 2012 so I imagine it shouldn't be too much of an issue, could anyone offer me any advice on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

IMO you'd be better off staying in non FS audit as it is more interesting and there is plenty of career options available in industry. Also as far as I know its much easier going from industry based audit experience into FS companies after your contract is up rather than going from FS audit into an industry role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

yes absolutely. i wouldnt change. As a recruiter, candidates who try to move from FS into industry find it difficult.

Advertisement