Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition Advice

Options
  • 02-11-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi Im looking into getting the hardened edition of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 on the PS3, I never bought any of the special editions before due to the ridiculous prices, but I was told while in gamestop the other day that it works out cheaper getting the special edition as you get all the dlc, does anyone know if this is true and what else makes this special edition worth so much was told €100 in gamestop. Also if anyone could tell me the cheapest place to buy/preorder it, Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

afaik gamestop is the only place doing the hardened edition in Ireland.. they are correct that it works out cheaper - that is IF (like me) you are planning on downloading all the maps when they are released... i finished paying for mines today... happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dohcturbo

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    afaik gamestop is the only place doing the hardened edition in Ireland.. they are correct that it works out cheaper - that is IF (like me) you are planning on downloading all the maps when they are released... i finished paying for mines today... happy days :)

I ordered mine in smyths.
    They will be sold out everywhere now bar online.
    But you can get the standard one for 45 and buy the elite package on psn for 50 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Just managed to get the last copy of the hardened edition for ps3 on amazon.co.uk for £80 as someone cancelled, happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

zavvi still have it but its pricey, it was 92 last week guess theyre running out of stock:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-hardened-edition/10540462.html?switchcurrency=EUR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

krudler wrote: »
    zavvi still have it but its pricey, it was 92 last week guess theyre running out of stock:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-hardened-edition/10540462.html?switchcurrency=EUR

Zavvi have 1 week+ delivery times. Bad if you want the game on release :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

If all you want is the Elite premium subscription and hence the DLC - cheapest options is to pick up the game in tesco's (I think it's e42) and then buy the subscription off the PSN store for e50 saving yourself almost a tenner.

ONLY real benefit of Hardened edition is that you can still get founder status in COD:Elite after 13th November.

So if the steelbook, or diary thingy, or founder status isn't important - other option is cheaper if you can get MW3 for <e50

Advertisement