Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ski advice for austria

Options
  • 02-11-2011 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

looking for some advice. want to go to austria in january for a ski holiday (group of approx 6 adults). we have skied for the last number of years in france and italy, and would like to try austria.

we are hoping for a resort that is high up with good ski runs (blues reds and blacks). plus one that has a good night life. we have always booked with a tour company and were thinking of going solo this year, booking our own flights and accom.

any advice is greatly appreciated.:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Sounds like Ischgl to me but I've never been, search here there was a recent thread on it.

In general you can usually get to Austria easily enough via German and Swiss as well as Austrian (suprisingly) airports. I've gone to St Anton by train from Zurich in about 2 and a half hours for example, for about 80 euro return. There have been a good few recent threads on Austrian destinations so look back through those is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 msihl

St. Anton/Arlberg has some of the best skiing in Austria and a great night life....I personally like it better than Ischgl or Sölden, the general attitude is more serious about skiing, whereas Ischgl is all about apres ski and partying...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

In Order

St Anton

Lech

Mayrhofen

If you are planing on the first 2 weeks of January you are going to clash with the Russian Holidays. If thats the case avoid Lech/Ischel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

and my favourite.......www.obertauern.com

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dublingaa

hinterglemm,soll, salbach - Been to these and can happily say great locations night life and accomadation:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Some serous snow needs to fall soon thou for January ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

gally74 wrote: »
    Some serous snow needs to fall soon thou for January ,

Austria seems to be the only place I'm seeing snow at the moment. I've booked into Morzine - and it's as warm there as it is here! EEEP!

Looks like Ischgl is going to open on time (about 6 days) and Saalbach the temp is low, no snow falling, but the cannons are on.

BTW Saalbach FTW! It's my favourite resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gruby

also looking for skiing in Austria and come across this great website
    http://www.bergfex.com
    just choose Ski Area Finder and easy to search the suitable resort with set of filters

Advertisement