Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curriculum Vitae

Options
  • 02-11-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    My current cv doesn’t seam to be getting any replies and i have taught about refreshing it . The format so far is
    · Name
    · Address
    · Phone and email
    · Personal profile
    · Qualifications
    · Past work
    · referees
    I have only Have had about 3 jobs so far and this is includeing my school work experience .

Whats is best to put in and what is best left out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Personal profile. Personally I think they have little merit on a CV, but none at all for a 20 year old. Sell yourself in the cover letter or interview, the CV should be black and white.

Personal information
    Education
    Work experience (when you're a good few years out of the education system, work exp should go first)
    Skills (ECDL or word, excel, internet whatever and anything else that might be relevant)
    Interests

I would put references available on request, not contact details on the CV if that's what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Make sure there are no spelling mistakes as there are quite a few in your post here. Spelling mistakes look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Though a profile might not matter much as you are only starting out looking for work while in college depending what stage you are at I still add in a brief profile. Grab the reader's attention. Just write a profile showing what kind of career goal you have in mind. Shows direction and ambition.

Add in all the stuff you have mentioned and also any skills and achievements!
    Worth a shot! Adding in hobbies and interests not always necessary. If you can get it to fit in 2 pages you be grand.

If you go into detail with your work experience as well as qualifications you be doing well. Mention duties and projects/special tasks you did as part of previous work and mention projects you have done or doing while in college. Skills you have learnt and so on. No need to go into major detail with qualifications just mention award be enough.

Be sure its concise, easy to read, grammar is to a tee and no spelling errors.

Advertisement