Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA house insurance cover for personal accident

Options
  • 02-11-2011 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

my house insurnce is with Zurich via the AA.
    I fell at home broke my wrist and front teethand it will cost 5K to fix :(

The AA say that I am not covered as under Section 2 - contents - Family Personal Accident, only loss of a limb or eye or total disablement is covered.

However, under Section 2 - Contents - Third Party Liability it states:

"Insurance is provided for any amounts which You or ant member of your Household becomes legally liable to pay in respect of Accidental bodily Injury, death, disease or illness of any person".

Is this just cover for a claim against me if someone has an accident in my ouse or can I claim under this section too? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

No, you can't claim under that section.

A third party is someone other than yourself or the insurance company.

You can possibly recover some costs from your health insurer (if you have health insurance)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Section 2, which you have quoted, refers to where you (or your family) are responsible for injury or damage to others. In other words, if you cause a problem to members of the public

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

As the others said, you can only claim for injuries to a 3rd party, you can claim for a family personal injury but only for the reasons you have mentioned.

Advertisement