Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors discover a face in testicular tumour ultrasound

Options
  • 02-11-2011 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/health/health-news/doctors-discover-a-face-in-testicular-tumour-ultrasound-2923638.html

DOCTORS who took an ultrasound of a man's testicles to find out what was causing him pain were astounded to find a gaping face staring back at them. When "faces" are discovered in unexpected locations they are often hailed as miracles, for example the mysterious appearance of Jesus in a frying pan or - even more improbably - on a toilet door in Glasgow.
    But rather than attempting to load their find with religious significance the urologists who discovered it followed good scientific practise and sent it away to be peer reviewed.

The image of the man's face, seemingly in some distress, was sent to Urology, the International Society of Urology's official journal, and was published in the journal's September volume.

G. Gregory Roberts and Naji J. Touma, from Queen's University in Ontario, Canada, had conducted the ultrasound to examine an unusual mass in the testicle of a 45-year-old patient.

Writing in the journal, they said: "The residents and staff alike were amazed to see the outline of a man’s face staring up out of the image, his mouth agape as if the face seen on the ultrasound scan itself was also experiencing severe epididymo-orchitis,” wrote the authors, referring to an inflammatory condition.

“A brief debate ensued on whether the image could have been a sign from a deity (perhaps ‘Min,’ the Egyptian god of male virility); however, the consensus deemed it a mere coincidental occurrence rather than a divine proclamation.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Ha take that women who say we think with our cock, now we've a reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The removed testicle is now forever alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

it looks like hes having a ball in there LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Isn't that happening all the time?

Remember years ago seeing Dispatches docu about Teratomas.

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought this was about teratomas and now see that I have made a damn fool of myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭livinonaprayer

freaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

The patient was blatantly a cannibal :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

About time this guy got more work tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Thats not the type of face i like to see down around my balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Its dr.bollocko!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Ghandee wrote: »
    Its Dr Bollocko!

He's likely to drop by anytime.

Edit: It also reminds me of Tom in Fr Ted: 'Doesnt it look like a face Father??'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Googled a piece about the face on the toilet door in Glasgow.
    There is some debate over whether the face truly represents the Son of Man, or whether it is in fact Gandalf out of the Lord of the Rings, or even a member of ABBA.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/6373674/Jesuss-face-spotted-on-the-toilet-door-in-Ikea-Glasgow.html

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

I admit I laughed hard when I saw it. Kinda looked like this to me..

http://omg.wthax.org/Untithdled_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

That face looks like mine any time I get a knee in the balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Its clearly Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Bit of a dick head there alright!

Well, you'd have a face like that if you spent your entire life next to that prick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

My face was in a fanny last night

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

This is the kind of puerile silliness that makes me think of leaving boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

paddyandy wrote: »

There is lots of forums on boards, why not just post in ones that don't piss you off? Practically the only place you're going to see something like this is after hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

WOW thats kinda freaky alright seeing the face of god via an ultrasound of ur own balls, wonder what kind of message 'he' is trying to send the poor?? Moses saw the burning 'bush' (may have been a womens fanny and not a bush, distorted thru time as the story was retold?). If i was ur man id get an ultrasound of the arse just to see what colour gods hair is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

The removed testicle is now forever alone judging X-Factor next week.

fixed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

See ya! Don't let the face on the toilet door hit your testicles on the way out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

You get stranger ones its an area full of stem cells so the tumours can grow bones and even teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

And in other news Jesus looks like a right bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Please don't.

Especially not AH, we'd miss a guy with a GSOH, clearly possessed by yourself.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

WTF?
    why the face ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

1. Thing looks like face.
    2. ???
    3. Miracle.

Religion, got all the answers.

Advertisement