Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricdeals.ie

Options
  • 02-11-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Found a great new deal site to pick up electronics at prices that appear to be better than Amazon.co.uk with free delivery!

www.electricdeals.ie

I'm not affiliated with them. Could be useful for Xmas gift shopping!

Anyone use the site yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Rather limited range though. They need more than 4 products to get people using the site regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mkie

it really looks like the op is affiliated with the website! thers only 4 items, and there not that cheap! "great new website" my anus!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

yep only four products there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

kn wrote: »
    Rather limited range though. They need more than 4 products to get people using the site regularly.

iBood only has one product (per day) on it, so 300% more products than them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭lau1247

kn wrote: »

i think it changes daily

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

3D BluRay looks decent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭catching_streams

I've only just come across it! I'm guessing the deals change every week looking at the timers counting down. Agreed, the BluRay is very good value. I spotted it on DealPage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭vectra

hiemily wrote: »
    only four products
    I am laughing

LOL
    And I am laughing at you.
    3 posts and the best comment you can make is "I am laughing"
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭long_b

Interesting definition of "daily" on this site

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

The "daily deals" are the same as yesterday...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ElectricDeals

Thanks for all the feedback guys. The site will show 4 deals and we want to show a new one every 2 days so the timers will be reduced to shorter periods going forward (keeping the site more active).

If you have any suggestions or requests for particular items feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

If you got a good value 10' tablet, I'd say you could sell a lot.. but you'd also need decent spec, and no resistive touchscreen! Something in the €150-200 region..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

It look like its once a week only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Will take that on board and see what we can produce on the TV and Tablet front.

As for the price beat guarantee - that's a great idea! We wouldn't put anything on the site which doesn't beat Amazon (seems to be a good standard) by a good amount.

We'd be happy to give you a full refund if the same item is at a lower price anywhere else in Ireland at the same time - more to follow on this point :)

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Terms & Conditions
    You’ll receive a voucher when the offer ends. To redeem, email your voucher code and delivery address to info@electricdeals.ie
    Original price based on RRP and delivery cost
    Voucher for item issued on 9th November 2011

What is this about ? You get a voucher issued on the 9th November? When do you get your goods ?

When you buy the product you receive an automated voucher with a unique code. Then just email your delivery details with that code to info@electricdeals.ie and it will be shipped to you. (we're using a standard system and delivery details can not be taken on the checkout page atm - will be sorted if things go well :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks for all the feedback guys. The site will show 4 deals and we want to show a new one every 2 days so the timers will be reduced to shorter periods going forward (keeping the site more active).

If you have any suggestions or requests for particular items feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Dave

Can I suggest you get in touch with boards sales people and discuss getting an official account ?

When you buy the product you receive an automated voucher with a unique code. Then just email your delivery details with that code to info@electricdeals.ie and it will be shipped to you. (we're using a standard system and delivery details can not be taken on the checkout page atm - will be sorted if things go well :) )

Just reading through the site, and am I correct in saying that if I was to buy something through your site, I would receive a voucher. I then email you the voucher code (which you already sent me) back to you and then the SUPPLIER will send the goods to me ? So I order now, I receive (a voucher) on the 9th November and then I email that back you to you and when does the SUPPLIER send the goods ?

I am also subject to TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the supplier ?? but there does not appear to be link to their terms and conditions as referred to on YOUR terms and conditions ??

4. At the point that the Voucher is sent to you by email a contract comes into existence between you and the Supplier of the Product/Service. You will, in addition to being bound by these Terms, be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Supplier. A link to the Terms and Conditions of the Supplier will be available on advertisement/promotion on the Section on this Site and you should review them carefully prior to any purchase

If I order an item when can I expect to receive it? (Not the voucher now, the actual item!)?

Hi eamonnq, regarding the shipping details you are correct, once you have your voucher you will have to email both your voucher code and the address you would like the goods shipped to, to us at info@electricdeals.ie. The reason being is that we need to know your delivery details and be sure if you want them delivered with your name and address or to a third party as a gift. The item will then be shipped by our partner supplier which can take up to up to 5 working days before it arrives at your door. Future offers will have shorter time frames so you won’t have to wait very long to receive the voucher (2-3 days). Therefore items should be with you within 2 weeks.

As for the terms and conditions of our partner supplier we will look into this but there is nothing out of the ordinary – i.e. standard warranty and return policy apply, and should any issues arise than we will do our best to resolve them/ help. It is also in the interest of our partner retailer to offer good customer service.

• Advertisement

As for the terms and conditions of our partner supplier we will look into this but there is nothing out of the ordinary – i.e. standard warranty and return policy apply, and should any issues arise than we will do our best to resolve them/ help. It is also in the interest of our partner retailer to offer good customer service.

Can I just reiterate what it says on YOUR site.

4. At the point that the Voucher is sent to you by email a contract comes into existence between you and the Supplier of the Product/Service. You will, in addition to being bound by these Terms, be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Supplier. A link to the Terms and Conditions of the Supplier will be available on advertisement/promotion on the Section on this Site and you should review them carefully prior to any purchase

So a customer is meant to 'review them carefully prior to any purchase' but then you say there is nothing 'out of the ordinary' and a 'standard' warranty and return policy apply but you can't actually read the suppliers terms and conditions on your site ?

If the item goes faulty does it have to go back to the supplier in China or UK or is it somewhere in Ireland that it has to be returned to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Registered Users Posts: 9,384 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Melendez wrote: »

The sale of goods and supply services Act agrees with you.
    Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, anything you buy from a retailer must be:

of merchantable quality
    fit for its normal purpose, and reasonably durable
    as described, whether the description is part of the advertising or wrapping, on a label, or something said by the salesperson.
    When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair.

your contract is with the retailer, not with any supplier.

hi guys, we will review the t&c asap and update the site accordingly. (thanks for feedback irishgeo, melendez and eamonnq). More to follow on this point :)

Also it is a reputable, established Irish supplier we have a relationship with and not a company based outside of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

So ElectricDeals what's the latest? All 4 offers from the previous week have expired and nothing new up there, isn't exactly inspiring confidence that you have a business here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Anybody received whatever they ordered yet?

Anyone order anything ??

Yeah, got the Chef. Arrived yesterday (they had emailed to say it would be late due to an ordering mistake).

So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Calling the DAILY DEALS wouldn't really be correct though, would it? The offers on the site have been there since start of November if not longer.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm not too sure what they're at. You can see in the thread that they planned on getting some more fluid deals going but they seem to have stalled. The site may well be defunct.

Advertisement