Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

increments and pensions in a public sector job?

Options
  • 02-11-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

i am working in the public sector for over 4 years on a contract "if and when required". i basically cover sick leave and annual leave and have no set hours. i earn about 7000 a year only. i earn 13 euro somethin an hour. can anyone explain increments to me and how they work and if i am entitled to them? and also if i never get set hours will i ever get a pension from this job in years to come?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

IIRC Once you are with a company for over 4 years you legally have to be made permanent. I would contact an employment law solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Regarding your pension - are you having pension contributions deducted from your pay ? Were you effected by the Public Service pension levy ?
    If the answer is no then I would guess you are not entitled to an occupational pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Elessar wrote: »
    IIRC Once you are with a company for over 4 years you legally have to be made permanent. I would contact an employment law solicitor.

If you are in a FT temporary position for 4 + years an employer is obliged to make you permanent....I dont think that the case here...

Do you pay the PRD (Pensions Related Deduction) 'The pensions levy' ??

Advertisement