Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

say hello! (or at minimum add a thanks :))

Options
  • 02-11-2011 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭

just gauging the number of users of Arts->Podcasts

So say hellooooooooowwwwwwwwww below, or add a thanks to this post just to let us know that your alive! (or indeed tell us something really deep and meaningful that may one day save our lives)

\o/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I have it in my CP from when there used to be Boards podcasts. What happened to them? Do people still do them? They were great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think monkeyfudge was the instigator of the boardscasts, and he's not been around as much of late.

There have been a few from the wrestling forum people since, but I don't follow wrestling so I didn't give them a listen. Still following the podcasts forum though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'll still be reading and posting here :)

It only recently got moved and a name change, so is, in essence, a brand new forum.

The Boardscasts seemed to fall by the wayside, but that's ok, because this forum is now for the discussion of all other Podcasts too.

An Cat Dubh, this forum does need a new charter, I suggest mirroring the Radio Forum charter. The current charter is obsolete.

You could dig out the Forum Request thread to see if anyone in there jumps out as a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm here too.... I'm subscribed to about 15 weekly podcasts which I listen to while working/driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

How do, folks! Commuting 2 hours a day means I listen to a fair few podcasts, but still on the lookout for more. Looking forward to seeing this forum get up and running, which I guess starts now. Meant to start a forum request for Podcasts before until I saw someone else had started one. Delighted to see it get the go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I love podcasts, I listen to them more than I do music. Small packages of fun, facts or entertainment to sooth your ears and make that train journey a little easier. :) During the summer I got talking to someone who also listens to This American Life (I danced a little inside. :pac: ) because fellow podcast listeners seem rare. I listened to some of the Boardscasts a few years ago, enjoyed them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Glad this is open. I much prefer Podcasts to listening to music on my ipod. Much more entertaining, even if it does lead to embarrassment when you can`t hold back the tears of laughter for some episodes. Particuliarly love Ricky Gervais, Joe Rogan experience, complete guide to everything, grantland and the BS report by Bill Simmons which is just essential for any US sports fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I do love podcasts. I don't listen to as many as I used to but hopefully this forum will help change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Mainly listen to science/tech and gaming podcasts on my way into college most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I have also found myself listening to way more podcasts than music on my ipod. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting ones so I'm glad this forum got the go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Because of podcasts I don't have to listen to the ****e on radio. Used to do my own on Boards for wrestling. T'was good fun.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Something deep and meaningful...... hmmmmm.....

I once swallowed a penny? Does that count?

Annnnnyyyyywaaaayyyy....

Love podcasts, am subscribed to about 10 weekly ones, and always on the prowl for new ones. Will generally stock up about 10-20 episodes and then binge for a few days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

I am glad also to see this forum up and running. I download various podcasts regularly and am always on the lookout for more interesting ones.

And for something meaningful that might one day save your life, I would just like to say always do what is right because it is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Hello.

I listen to Uhhyeahdude and so should you. If you are cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Morning.

During the baseball season, I would pick up my regular Chicago Cubs podcast to keep up with the latest events.

Also enjoy rooting around for some Desert Island Discs broadcasts of people I would be interested in. Thankfully, iTunes has a reasonably extensive catalogue at this stage.

Advertisement