Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why won't AIB accept Western Union?

Options
  • 01-11-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

off topic but does anyone know why AIB wont take western union money orders,i went in with some and asked the lady to put them in my account and she said she couldnt and to go to the post office with them:mad::(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post moved to its own thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

at a guess AIB would make very little money off using a western union service when you can transfer money with AIB to another bank and pay AIB fees instead.

IBAN code, and account code and persons name is whats required (I think).

Not trying to offend you but its similar to if you were a baker (with a shop) and someone comes into your shop asking you to sell their bread/cakes in your shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Post Offices normally cash money orders. I never heard of a bank cashing them, certainly not in Ireland.

The Post Office is a W.U. agent and has authority to cash the money orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tfker

post office wouldnt cash them either :mad:AIB eventually took them but i had to go way up the food chain before anyone knew what to do with them

Advertisement