Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Bet

Options
  • 01-11-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Due to a combination of getting fed up losing silly bets at weekends due to boredom and the success of turbo's log, I decided to follow suit and do a bet that will keep me interested until next summer (hopefully).

I've gone for the following:

Ireland v Estonia (Ireland to qualify) @4/9
    Doncaster to be relegated @8/15
    Rangers to win SPL @1/3
    Mayo seniors to win Connaught @8/13
    Barcelona to win the champions league @7/4
    Blackburn to be relegated @10/11

I made this bet at the weekend so I'll post a screenshot when I get home if that's ok. The prices will still be more or less the same I'd imagine.

€10 returns €260.54

I'll try and do regular updates to see how my bet is doing statistically.

Comments and banter welcome!

Edit: Screenshot of bet provided as promised!

2u5tg2g.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good luck with it, I'd be wary of Blackburn to go down, while the results look awful they have been damned unlucky a couple of times and there is a hint that they are turning things around if judged on general play. Wigan would be a better bet - no goal scorer and a flaky defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

mike65 wrote: »
    Good luck with it, I'd be wary of Blackburn to go down, while the results look awful they have been damned unlucky a couple of times and there is a hint that they are turning things around if judged on general play. Wigan would be a better bet - no goal scorer and a flaky defence.

I agree to a certain extent, blackburn have got some tasty players who are probably of better quality when compared with fellow relegation strugglers. I really like hoilett and olsen. However, I've no faith in Kean whatsoever and no matter who they get in, they'll be around the bottom six in my opinion. I really think luck will desert them this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Good luck with this. Selections look good!

Quick Update...

Rep. of Ireland are virtually threw so am going to considered the selection is a winner.

Blackburn lost to Chelsea further cementing their position in the bottom three. Big game for them away to Wigan next weekend.

Doncaster won away to Ipswich last weekend. Diouf signed for them shortly after I made the bet who could make a massive impact. I still feel they'll be there on there abouts on the final weekend though.

None of the other selections featured recently

Starting Odds ~ 25/1
    Current Odds ~ 18/1

We're moving in the right direction anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Frankie4fingers

Mayo will let ya down im afraid...its Sligos year all the way :P

• Advertisement

Update 2...

There be a few ups and downs since the last update which is to be expected with a season long bet.

History says blackburn are as good as gone being bottom at Christmas. However, watching them play, they don't look awful but simple can't defend well enough. Hopefully Kean stays on for another couple of months which should cement their relegation.

Massive boost for the outright champions league bet with man city and man utd being knocked out. It's surely between real, barca and bayern now so hopefully barca and continue their dominance. Villa could be a loss though.

Doncaster still look in trouble in the championship despite having picked up a couple of wins since the last update. I could really do with them selling Sharp in the window as he seems to be a class above other strikers in the relegation zone teams.

Rangers are doing their best to f*** up the bet. There playing pretty crap and only scraping wins. Big game for them coming up against celtic at parkhead soon..

Starting Odds: ~25/1
    Current Odds: ~14.5/1

Any thoughts? Let me Know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

I think you are sucking diesel!

Good to see it shortening. Have you got your money's worth out of it in terms of entertainment?

turbobaby wrote: »
    I think you are sucking diesel!

Good to see it shortening. Have you got your money's worth out of it in terms of entertainment?

Definitely got my moneys worth already. Previously I thought these kind of bets were not worth it due to the long waiting team but I've done a 360 on that. Getting to shout on teams every weekend without losing more money is great.

Next update coming in early 2012... we should know a lot more about the bets outcome then with the big flurry of fixtures.

Happy Christmas and New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Good luck vival, Must try one of these in the new year.

Advertisement