Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What impact does 2 penalty points have on your insurance?

Options
  • 01-11-2011 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

How much does your insurance go up if you have two penalty points on your licence?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

it had no impact on my insurance according to a couple of different companys ive got quotes from and my current insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It doesn't really impact your Insurance at all. You could lose a discount that was applied for having 0 points though.

Are you going to start threads on topics that a search would resolve all night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Red Sheds

I have 6 and its had no impact on my insurance, they tell me if I get any more it will have some impact, not much though

• Registered Users Posts: 81,668 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some providers it's a 10% discount to have no points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 derek2901

MugMugs wrote: »
    It doesn't really impact your Insurance at all. You could lose a discount that was applied for having 0 points though.

Are you going to start threads on topics that a search would resolve all night ?

thanks for the answer.

New to the board really...search on this is poor IMHO- but quick question if a post annoys you as it is a repetition why not simply ignore it? Just a thought...once again thanks for answering my original query.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

derek2901 wrote: »
    thanks for the answer.

New to the board really...search on this is poor IMHO- but quick question if a post annoys you as it is a repetition why not simply ignore it? Just a thought...once again thanks for answering my original query.

Because I'm a downright nice guy :D

Advertisement