Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxty ib Dublin

Options
  • 01-11-2011 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Don't know if this is the right place to put this but I'm hoping a few Leitrim people living in Dublin may be able to help me out.

I'm looking to buy boxty anywhere in the Dublin area. Do Gallaghers sell packets of it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

You could try boxty bakers - http://www.boxtybakers.ie - I'm not sure where they sell to but it would be worth dropping them a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ros77

The Boxty Bakers range of boxty is available in SuperValu Churchtown , Raheny & Killester - others stores include Donnybrook Fair and Fresh in Northern Cross. See www.facebook.com/boxtybakers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

It's pretty easy to make it yourself. Lots of recipes online. Pan and hurley boxty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭4200fps

Boxty in the oven, boxty on the pan, if you don't eat boxty your not a Leitrim man. Its easy made, grate the spuds, add cup of self raising flour and pinch of salt, leave to cure, spill off the starch, heat the pan, pour the ready mix, when done leave too cool and when its chilled re-fry and let them lugs back ;)
    Earlys boxty is the nicest tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement