Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECIGARETTE DUBLIN

Options
  • 01-11-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Anybody know of any shops that sell the ECigarrette in Dublin? rather than having to purchase online and how much they cost? Id really appreciate it if anyone can let me know.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Check out the "where to buy" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nagoc

Anybody know which ecigarette is best or are they all alike ? Thinking of getting VIP or all4joy. Any help appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭halkar

I am on VIP. Used to smoke more than 20 a day. I have not smoked for 6 weeks since I started on VIPs. They are easy to use and you can order cartridges online. Cheaper when you order in bulk. I will be moving to liquids in few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Nagoc wrote: »
    Anybody know which ecigarette is best or are they all alike ? Thinking of getting VIP or all4joy. Any help appreciated. Thanks

If you're adamant on the small ones, then yeah, they're mostly all alike.
    The best reviewed small devices are the Innokin AIO, the eRoll and the Volt.
    Generally cigarette-sized ecigs are the stepping stone to larger devices as the user finds they don't deliver satisfaction so the user has a sneaky fag here and there or goes back to smoking full-stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nagoc

grindle wrote: »

If you're adamant on the small ones, then yeah, they're mostly all alike.
    The best reviewed small devices are the Innokin AIO, the eRoll and the Volt.
    Generally cigarette-sized ecigs are the stepping stone to larger devices as the user finds they don't deliver satisfaction so the user has a sneaky fag here and there or goes back to smoking full-stop.
    Thanks. Somebody I know uses all4joy but you have to press a little button to use and does not seem to me to be like a cigarette. What do you mean by small ones are they all not same size as normal cigs ?

• Advertisement

God no. The vast majority have buttons and come in many shapes and sizes.
    (making the device hit as well or better than a cig has a price).

The ones that newbies generally come here to upgrade from are the cig-sized.
    The batteries don't last too long (in two senses - a small battery means less time vaping, but you can get a charging case to charge it between vapes; the smaller the battery the more it needs charging the sooner it has to be replaced as most lithium batteries are marked as good for 300-500 charges, e.g. eRoll batteries constantly used by the average vaper would last a bit over three months before needing to be replaced).
    They usually have devices attached that don't produce much of a vape although they're getting better (the eRoll uses a replaceable atomiser head that works pretty well).

The most common upgrade battery is to an eGo-style battery, about the length of a good Cuban cigar, maybe a bit thinner. There are two main types: regulated voltage and Twist (variable voltage - helps you choose the heat of the device for more vapour/flavour).
    ego_XLandnormal_black.jpg
    This should give you an idea of the many sizes and shapes of ecigs. Small cig-sized models can be seen on the bottom left.
    March152010086.jpg
    This is the one I have (three day battery life from a single charge).
    18650Mod_1.jpg
    This is the one most people seem to want once they've vaped for a while and want to take the "big step up" - very expensive, but in comparison to the cost of cigarettes very cheap.
    DID_ProvariMiniWhite_1.jpg
    It's the white thing by the way, the liquid-holding thing on top of it (rebuildable tank atomiser) costs more.

The most favourited option that we always link to the newbies is this.

Easy to use and take care of with the most popular connection-types for the juice devices, it's a huge step up from the smaller ecigs.

But if you do need it to be small (something most of us think until we get sick of the limitations) get the eRoll or the Innokin AIO.

Kiffy will be here to try and force the ProVari on you in 3...2...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Kiffy will be here to try and force the ProVari on you in 3...2...

He must be Ill or polishing his Provari.
    They are good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Vaperus wrote: »
    He must be Ill or polishing his Provari.
    They are good though
    Smart pair of Bollix(s) now ain't ya :p
    Some of us have to work you know and can't spend all day browsing the bloody forum :confused:

Nagoc you have seen in one of Grind's photo's how many devices people accumulate to find the ideal one, that one device that stands out amongst all others, to find that holy grail of vaping, the piece de resistance. Well I have just the one it's called a Provari it rocks where all before it barely roll ;)
    While it is the dearest, you pay for what you get ;) If your only ever going to spend money on one device then do what I have done, "you know it makes sense"
    Hope I have helped you see the light.

Can't wait until next week for my eVic to arrive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

I have the Evic but to be honest still prefer My Provari

Vaperus wrote: »
    I have the Evic but to be honest still prefer My Provari
    How did you get it so quick Mark, you must have had it before Xmas? Mine was only posted last Friday from BV (€70 pre-order) and they were one of the first to have it up as available on an Irish site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

What does the eVic cost?

EDIT See now it's about €120.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

You can get it here for €69
    http://www.bargainvapour.com/JoyeTech_eVic/cat1274300_1690660.aspx

I am considering getting either this device or a Vamo at the moment, will decide soon enough.
    Would like to know though, if the eVic's sold on bargainvapour, are affected by the recall of certain eVics.

Only affects certain serial numbered devices
    http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Evic-recall

superneat wrote: »

Seems like insane value. Just watched a few preview video clips.

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Seems like insane value. Just watched a few preview video clips.

Here are two reviews from PBusardo, one with version 1.0 and the second with version 1.1 of the firmware

Nice one, will watch those videos. I'm just hoping it isn't as good as a Provari, as it's only about 1/3 of the price. Only have the provai a fortnight myself (love it!).

You can get it here for €69
    http://www.bargainvapour.com/JoyeTech_eVic/cat1274300_1690660.aspx
    Would like to know though, if the eVic's sold on bargainvapour, are affected by the recall of certain eVics.

Only affects certain serial numbered devices
    http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Evic-recall

After emailing bargainvapour I received a reply almost instantly (+1) assuring me the product they carry is not affected by the recall.

Good to know! :D

Nice one, will watch those videos. I'm just hoping it isn't as good as a Provari, as it's only about 1/3 of the price. Only have the provai a fortnight myself (love it!).

Would like a provari myself, but not gonna take the plunge just yet, in a few months, when I've been off the ciggies a while and the budget allows it, then I probably won't be able to help myself! :o

Would like a provari myself, but not gonna take the plunge just yet, in a few months, when I've been off the ciggies a while and the budget allows it, then I probably won't be able to help myself! :o

You won't regret it. If you could put away €10 a week, you'd have it by June.

Considering I'm putting a tenner a day into a jar at the moment, I coud have it in a month easy! Alas, most of that extra money will be spent on other necessities first, so it would be June before I would realistically have one. :(

I'm just hoping it isn't as good as a Provari, as it's only about 1/3 of the price.

I own neither but the maths don't lie, it isn't even near the ProVari.

The closest device to the ProVari (that's mass-market and has the same features or more) is the Vamo. In a couple of ways it's much better than the ProVari, but it fails in comparison on the engineering side.
    The ProVari is a very beautiful and well-wired willycig.

• Advertisement

I own neither but the maths don't lie, it isn't even near the ProVari.

The closest device to the ProVari (that's mass-market and has the same features or more) is the Vamo. In a couple of ways it's much better than the ProVari, but it fails in comparison on the engineering side.
    The ProVari is a very beautiful and well-wired willycig.

I guess you get what you pay for. I was a bit hesitant in splashing out on the provari, but once you put in your hand you will know why it's worth it. Vaping doesn't get much better than it.

So no more upgrading for me. Have my own wire and wick, so pittance to keep it running. The best thing I've ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i wonder if any of the e-vics destined for ireland are included in the product re-call from joyetech then?

I own neither :eek:
    The closest device to the ProVari (that's mass-market and has the same features or more) is the Vamo. In a couple of ways it's much better than the ProVari
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

kiffy wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    :rolleyes:
    Ah now, what? I was bigging up the ProVari for the most part!
    Don't need to own either to know they can't provide the power I need.

Either device is great for those who specifically desire to be limited to single coils and/or low wattage. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭halkar

Was looking at the spec for evic. It is 114g. Heavier than my mobile phone :D. No thanks

Don't need to own either to know they can't provide the power I need
    Jasuz Grind's what you using then an ESB transformer with a 510 connection :eek:
    Can you use your own device for dual coils or is it only pre-made yokes? I can't get one to work properly never mind coiling 2.

ESB transformer mod - not such a bad idea...
    Nah, the mod I have has a lower amp limit than the ProVari, but doesn't have a watt limit (ProVari's is 14w - the beginning of the sweet-spot for a good dual-coil), so with some careful maths-ing (2 x 4.2ohm coils) I can get 16 watts out of it (8w per coil).
    I've happily built a triple-coil in the past, but my mod's crappy amp-limit hindered the joy - Vamo for the win in that case. Gonna get one soon and put the electronics into a box mod as I HAAAAAATE lengthy wand mods.
    Am vaping on a single coil in a Kanger now at work and I hate that I have to spend my break fellating the thing.

Why can't you get a single coil running? What are you using?

ESB transformer mod - not such a bad idea...
    Nah, the mod I have has a lower amp limit than the ProVari, but doesn't have a watt limit (ProVari's is 14w - the beginning of the sweet-spot for a good dual-coil), so with some careful maths-ing (2 x 4.2ohm coils) I can get 16 watts out of it (8w per coil).
    I've happily built a triple-coil in the past, but my mod's crappy amp-limit hindered the joy - Vamo for the win in that case. Gonna get one soon and put the electronics into a box mod as I HAAAAAATE lengthy wand mods.
    Am vaping on a single coil in a Kanger now at work and I hate that I have to spend my break fellating the thing.

Why can't you get a single coil running? What are you using?
    The bloody Aga T, coil glows fine when dry but as soon I put juice on it it only glows on the wire to the connections and coil does bugger all :mad:

My posty just arrived with my eVic, so going to play with that.
    Have it set up but haven't read the instructions yet, don't know why companies bother with bloody instructions, just let me at it.
    Have noticed the batteries for it are the same as the LT (flat top not nipple like the Provari, luckily I got 3 18650 from that mod.

Must bugger off and have a play with it, might even read the instructions too :)
    eVic, eVic hooray :D

Advertisement