Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please

Options
  • 01-11-2011 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,i was wondering if you could help me translate ''its upto you to open my heart'' into irish please.

thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭deirdremf

markie29 wrote: »
    Hey guys,i was wondering if you could help me translate ''its upto you to open my heart'' into irish please.

thank you.
    "It's up to you"
    "Fútsa atá sé" would probably do for that bit.

"to open my heart" could mean different things to different people.
    Could you explain just what it means to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

deirdremf wrote: »
    "It's up to you"
    "Fútsa atá sé" would probably do for that bit.

"to open my heart" could mean different things to different people.
    Could you explain just what it means to you?

thanks for the reply...and i was asked to translate this by an american girl this morning so i have no idea what context she is using it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭deirdremf

markie29 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply...and i was asked to translate this by an american girl this morning so i have no idea what context she is using it in.
    People often forget that what is simple and obvious to them can be very difficult to translate out of context.
    It can be like trying to visualise a painting when all you have is the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 twinkles300

oscail mo chroi (open my heart)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Literal translation:

"Is fútsa atá sé mo chroí a oscailt."

Definitely needs a clearer explanation before the American girl gets a perfect interpretation though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Literal translation:

"Is fútsa atá sé mo chroí a oscailt."

Definitely needs a clearer explanation before the American girl gets a perfect interpretation though! :)

thanks :) i will not ask her questions and just give her this translation....thank u again.

Advertisement