Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citizenship Through Naturalization - Processing time

Options
  • 01-11-2011 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey

Does anyone know if the processing time for citizenship applications is indeed getting faster (as it was promised by the new government....)?
    I got a reply in September 2010 stating that the average time is 26 months and have been waiting for their decision since however in the meantime (as we all know) the processing time was reduced...
    is there any hope for us or are we forgotten? :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My friend is in a similar position but she applied about 2007.
    I suspect they lost her application, which is unbelievable in a system where they tell you not to ask (and give you no indication) about the progress of your application.

'Twas a bit of a sickener for her to see people who arrived much later than her in the country get their papers on the front of the paper the other month.

I hope you get yours soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 poppster

Hey

Does anyone know if the processing time for citizenship applications is indeed getting faster (as it was promised by the new government....)?
    I got a reply in September 2010 stating that the average time is 26 months and have been waiting for their decision since however in the meantime (as we all know) the processing time was reduced...
    is there any hope for us or are we forgotten? :(

Hi Nils...

Did you get your citizenship?

I was just on the phone to them and they said they're processing applications from April 2011.

Things are certainly speeding up. I got the confirmation letter in July 2011 and they're expecting that I should hear back in 2-3 months, ie July-August.

Advertisement