Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Locked Mastercard PIN

Options
  • 01-11-2011 10:21am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

Situation is this.

Pin has gotten locked in my credit card.
    I rang to check and they told me they couldnt see where it got locked.

I know the correct pin so they told me to go to an ATM and use other services to unlock it.

However I am in Hong Kong for the next 4 months and all the ATM's I have tried do not have other services I can access.

Tried HSBC/Citibank/Bank of China and a few more.
    Rang BOI credit card services again to inform them of my issue and they asked me to "try a bigger bank" which is a bit ridiculous.

She even asked if Lloyds was over here.

Now my issue is I have no way to unlock my pin and on the phone they just tell me "its unfortunate".

Does anyone know if I can get anywhere by going up the chain with this? i.e ringing and asking for a supervisor?

I do not have the use of my credit card for the most part now to charge my business expenses and its making things difficult to facilitate paying at hotels.

Anyone been in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

castie wrote: »
    Situation is this.

Pin has gotten locked in my credit card.
    I rang to check and they told me they couldnt see where it got locked.

I know the correct pin so they told me to go to an ATM and use other services to unlock it.

However I am in Hong Kong for the next 4 months and all the ATM's I have tried do not have other services I can access.

Tried HSBC/Citibank/Bank of China and a few more.
    Rang BOI credit card services again to inform them of my issue and they asked me to "try a bigger bank" which is a bit ridiculous.

She even asked if Lloyds was over here.

Now my issue is I have no way to unlock my pin and on the phone they just tell me "its unfortunate".

Does anyone know if I can get anywhere by going up the chain with this? i.e ringing and asking for a supervisor?

I do not have the use of my credit card for the most part now to charge my business expenses and its making things difficult to facilitate paying at hotels.

Anyone been in this situation?

Can you get them to reset pin and send it to your Irish address and then someone who may be able to open the post and tell you the pin. Would this be possible?

Advertisement