Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Debit card/Laser card fees

Options
  • 31-10-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,
    Was thinking of getting a debit card or laser card from BOI.
    Whats the story with it?, are there annual fees like with a credit card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

There is just stamp duty on an ATM/Laser Card of 5 euro. Credit Card stamp duty is 30 euro. Think BOI are moving or have moved to Visa Debit but the charges applied are the same as with laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Maps2011

Cool, so obviously I currently have an ATM card, but if i got a visa debit/laser card that would replace my ATM card, is that right?
    In that case I would only have stamp duty of a fiver a year on my laser visa debit card, as opposed to a fiver a year on both my visa/debit/laser and ATM?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

The stamp duty on an ATM card is 2.50 and the stamp duty on a debit card is also 2.50, so combined cards are 5 euro. If you request a new combined ATM/Debit card this will replace your existing ATM card and it will be 5 euro instead of 2.50.
    I think the stamp duty is collected in arrears, so you should not be charged twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Regina2009

Thanks.
    Anyone got a Visa debit card yet, or spotted the application forms in your local branch?
    Can you apply online?

Advertisement