Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry Equations

Options
  • 31-10-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hey,
    Could somebody please give me all the chemistry equations you have to know for the leaving cert. I dont know which ones need to be learned and which ones don't.
    Go raibh maith agaibh.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

you don't learn equations, there given to you and you balance them.

let me know if im picking up your q wrong:)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jwof2006

Yea I know there are questions where you have to balance equations, but what I'm talking about are all the equations from all the titrations etc. Do we have to know them all of by heart or is it just specific one.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

em, no you don't need to learn them for the titrations because the have to be there to calculate the molarity etc, it seems that way anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

jwof2006 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Could somebody please give me all the chemistry equations you have to know for the leaving cert. I dont know which ones need to be learned and which ones don't.
    Go raibh maith agaibh.:D

It's not as simple as - learn chemical equation x,y,z. Then regurgitate equation x,y,z in the exam. Equations are given in your book to explain why something is happening, they're given in context to what you are learning.

Good luck with chemistry, it's definitely not the easiest of subjects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

The safe bet is to know them all. Essentially what you are probably asking is for a revision guide but I wouldn't plan on doing well if you want to cut corners. It is possible to do very well in chemistry so long as you work hard.

Go through your book and look at formulae yourself and answer exam questions - it will serve you better in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Just to point out there have definitely been years they've asked you to give a formula. Generally its given and you balance it but yes its advisable to know them (which ones now I've no clue) by heart.

Advertisement