Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College graduation questions

Options
  • 31-10-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I tried asking this on the college forum but got no reply. I'm hopping someone here can answer this.

For a start I' m not planning on going to the graduation, just not that interested. But how do you find out when it's on, I just found out when it's on through chat on facebook. Also since I'm not going to it, how do I go about getting the actual degree cert?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You can get it on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

effluent wrote: »
    But how do you find out when it's on,

I just found out when it's on through chat on facebook.

You find out when it's on through chat on Facebook I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I got information about mine in the post, college website as well I assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

BA in Facebook, congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

You can pick it up from the college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

You can pick it up from the college.

Do you have to travel to the college or could you ask them to forward it to your address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Go to your bloody graduation you mong:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I didn't go to my graduation so I couldn't pick it up.

it was grand though, it was an Arts degree so they just stuck in directly in the bin for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

I didn't go to mine, got it in the post

I REGRET NOTHING

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

If you decide not to go you will be conferred in absentia and the college will post out your parchment to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

SeaFields wrote: »
    If you decide not to go you will be conferred in absentia and the college will post out your parchment to you.

I bet you didn't learn that on Facebook. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,315 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I tried asking this on the college forum but got no reply. I'm hopping someone here can answer this.

For a start I' m not planning on going to the graduation, just not that interested. But how do you find out when it's on, I just found out when it's on through chat on facebook. Also since I'm not going to it, how do I go about getting the actual degree cert?

Thanks.

Are you sure you actually went to college? How did you manage to find your lectures? get to your exams etc?
    To answer your question, if you have not been sent details/invite to the graduation cermony, well you might want to double check that you actually passed the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

They'll post it out to you if you ask.

I'm hazarding a guess that your degree isn't worth collecting if you displayed this level of initiative during the course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

how do I go about getting the actual degree cert?.

Either pop into your college after the graduation and ask for it, or write to the college asking for it (enclosing a self addressed stamped envelope).

If you don't ask them for it, you'll probably be waiting months for the college to send the cert out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You can get it on Facebook.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    You find out when it's on through chat on Facebook I think
    gbee wrote: »
    BA in Facebook, congratulations.
    gbee wrote: »
    I bet you didn't learn that on Facebook. :cool:

This reads like Larry Gogan trying to be hip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Do you have to travel to the college or could you ask them to forward it to your address?

Don't know havn't graduated yet. I know my college would not be bothered to send it out. probably better going in to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

mickdw wrote: »
    Are you sure you actually went to college? How did you manage to find your lectures? get to your exams etc?
    To answer your question, if you have not been sent details/invite to the graduation cermony, well you might want to double check that you actually passed the course.
    stovelid wrote: »
    They'll post it out to you if you ask.

I'm hazarding a guess that your degree isn't worth collecting if you displayed this level of initiative during the course though.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

:rolleyes:

Is it a degree in being a meanie?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I know you're from Mayo but i'm sure you have a telephone service up there. Try using that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement