Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1TB External Hard Drive - €50 (HMV in-store)

Options
  • 31-10-2011 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

Western Digital Elements WDBAAU0010HBK-UESN

€20 off the regular price according to the store display. When I left around noon there were 5 left on the shelf in Pavilions, Swords.

For those, unaware, the price of hard drives has gone up, significantly, in the past few weeks. This is as a result of the flooding in Thailand. This model is currently available for €115 on Dabs.ie.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I got two of these on a bargain alert earlier this year :pac:
    Obviously, I cracked them open and cannibalised them as soon as prices went up.

These Drives contain a 1TB WD Caviar Green HDD (3.5"), if you want to tear it open and stick it in your computer. Full SATA connections on it, too.
    179776.jpg
    179775.jpg
    (Ignore HDD caddy in background, needed to take it out of the build)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nice one OP....was after some more back up space and had reserved a 2Tb hitachi life drive plus in Argos (£79 stg) but having then read up on it, reviews were not good, so didn't bother collecting it....then I saw your post and managed to snag the second to last one in the Dundalk branch, this evening.
    Decided to leave the other one for another lucky punter...they've foolishly put the price sticker across the 1Tb bit so people may not realise the bargain that it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

:D @ Wertz!

I keep reading these threads and keep telling myself must go down in Dundalk but I never have.

However I may just chance it today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

None in Grafton St

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Cheers OP, gonna ring the Tallaght branch now and see if they have any left :)

On a similar note? Theres a guy on adverts selling 500gb internal sata drives for €20 each, if anyone is interested pm me and I'll send you the link for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

On a similar note? Theres a guy on adverts selling 500gb internal sata drives for €20 each, if anyone is interested pm me and I'll send you the link for them.

You mean this advert?

I don't understand why you didn't just link it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

greenfly wrote: »
    You mean this advert?

I don't understand why you didn't just link it.

Cause I was using my phone and it would have been far too much effort!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

long_b wrote: »
    None in Grafton St

But they did say that they are expecting further stock 'towards the end of the week...'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

tallpaul wrote: »
    But they did say that they are expecting further stock 'towards the end of the week...'

Fella I was talking to didn't really know

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

guy in swords said they getting more stock but they will be selling at €89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭coolpix23

If you're hopeing to us Western Digital HD's from external HD's check out this link.

It seems if you're going to use a hardware RAID or software RAID under MS Windows you could have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

coolpix23 wrote: »
    If you're hopeing to us Western Digital HD's from external HD's check out this link.

It seems if you're going to use a hardware RAID or software RAID under MS Windows you could have a problem.

You forgot the link.

Advertisement