Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cv-the missing 2 years

Options
  • 31-10-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Need a bit of advice.I am an unemployed construction worker of nearly 2 years.I worked continuously for 12 years during boom.
    The major issue on my CV is the last 2 years are blank.I've had 4 interviews in other fields in that period with no joy.Is it advisable to bluff on my CV that I was working abroad for the missing 2 years and try and wing it from there.Would a potential employer check wether or not I worked on an imaginary farm in denmark for a period or is honesty the best policy.I mean would an emplyer look unfavourably at a person who has not worked in 20 months.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

What were you doing every day during the past two years?
    You can always say you were self-employed and did odd jobs, including doing work on your own house.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    What were you doing every day during the past two years?
    You can always say you were self-employed and did odd jobs, including doing work on your own house.

Yeah,the house and garden have never looked better.I did go solo in a business
    but that went South a year ago and all told I only had about 3 weeks work the previous year.I failed to get a place as a mature student and I am not going near a fas course for the sake of it.Just wondering is it wise to bluff a 2 year gap.

Advertisement