Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 litre bottle of Tullamore Dew

Options
  • 31-10-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I won a 3 litre botttle of Tullamore Dew in a charity raffle.

But what should I do with it.

Someone advised me not to open it, but to keep it, as it would be worth something. They said they don't make Tullamore Dew in that size bottle anymore.

I dont' think it's worth more that the value of the whiskey.

Anyone else have an idea if it is worth something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unless it's an especially old and fine whiskey I don't think it'll increase in value.
    Either keep and drink it, it'll last you a loooong time. Or sell it to some pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I won a 3 litre botttle of Tullamore Dew in a charity raffle.

But what should I do with it.

Someone advised me not to open it, but to keep it, as it would be worth something. They said they don't make Tullamore Dew in that size bottle anymore.

I dont' think it's worth more that the value of the whiskey.

Anyone else have an idea if it is worth something?

It's worth the value of the whiskey in the jar, nothing extra. Tullamore Dew isn't a collectible whiskey, and the size of the bottle doesn't change that. The Irish Whiskey Society had a Tullamore tasting only last week and they tasted two bottles from the 60s and the 70s. They were able to do this because the value of those old bottlings remains very low, compared to, for example, the value of Powers or Jameson from 40 or 50 years ago, which would be worth into three figures by now.
    In short, crack it and drink it! It's a light Irish blended whiskey which works especially well if you mix your whiskey, or in an Irish coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I might be interested in buying it, if it's for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cnk38

Its worth only the value of whats in the bottle im afraid.And as for it not being sold and made in three litre bottles-someone misinforming you.
    It can be bought from findlater wine and spirits.
    Nice light whisky though-I work in a bar and its what we use in our irish coffees and hot whiskys.

Advertisement