Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Irish by letter

Options
  • 31-10-2011 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I wish to learn the Irish language as I was born in Republic of Ireland and go over to Dublin and other parts as often as I can. I wish to correspond to someone who has the patience to teach me by letter and meet up when I am visiting. I live in Scotland and 51 years old so the old brain cells are not what they used to be.:) The letter bit is because I am more a pen and paper person even though I use the computer and internet daily for my work. Thanks for taking time to read this.

Best wishes

Linda:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

you can get books and tapes that will help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 TheLunans

Many thanks for responding so quickly. That is fine but I really would like to put it into practice with a real person. It is hard to explain but I learn better that way. Teaching myself would not work for me for many differnet reasons. Learning by interacting with people is much more enjoyable as you learn more than just words. But thanks for this..

TheLunans wrote: »
    Many thanks for responding so quickly. That is fine but I really would like to put it into practice with a real person. It is hard to explain but I learn better that way. Teaching myself would not work for me for many differnet reasons. Learning by interacting with people is much more enjoyable as you learn more than just words. But thanks for this..

If you call any school I'm sure they would have experienced teachers that wouldn't mind giving you grinds in Irish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm not sure about pen pals but why not consider posting often in Teach na nGaelt, a subforum of After Hours.

Penpals, thats another good idea, and it wouldnt cost a thing ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement