Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting Caravan Windows to a Panel Van

Options
  • 31-10-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi All
    I have picked up a few windows for my sprinter conversion at the weekend and was wondering if anyone here has fitted caravan windows to their van. They have the appropriate markings so no worries there.
    My problem is I cannot figure out how when fitted the windo will swing out and in. I am not sure if I am missing a part but have been looking on ebay etc. Is there a rail or something that the window clamps to in order to hold it and provide a swivel to open or close it.
    I have attached a couple of images and would appreciate a bit of information.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I think you're missing the window frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

rocksimmo wrote: »
    Hi All
    I have picked up a few windows for my sprinter conversion at the weekend and was wondering if anyone here has fitted caravan windows to their van. They have the appropriate markings so no worries there.
    My problem is I cannot figure out how when fitted the windo will swing out and in. I am not sure if I am missing a part but have been looking on ebay etc. Is there a rail or something that the window clamps to in order to hold it and provide a swivel to open or close it.
    I have attached a couple of images and would appreciate a bit of information.
    Thanks in advance

Be careful that you don't build in roadworthiness test failure as trailer caravan windows may not have the safety certification required for motor caravans, which travel with people in 'em.
    Windows in motor caravans will have to meet one of the recognised specifications as set out in Section 6 (pages 3 & 4) OF THIS DOCUMENT otherwise the vehicle will fail its roadworthiness test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 alexfernie

Yeah as has been said, you're missing the frame. Hope you can get your money back..
    Having said that, I'm after some replacement window panes. They look a bit on the small size for me but if you can't get the frames/money back from the vendor I (or even others) may be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭rocksimmo

I have managed to source the window trim hinges off a guy in the UK so things looking up. The windows I have are listed on Section 6 so should be ok there. Dont know what I was thinking not noticing the hinges but picked up a lot of bits from a caravan at a bargain price so could not argue with the guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yeah, there's a rail that sits along the top of the window fixed onto the van that allows the hinging on the top of the window. You can see the window side of it on the right of that pictures. It slides into it afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭rocksimmo

Thanks bufort. Got the hinge rail sorted today from DDSSupplies2010 on ebay. His store worth a look if you are looking for some parts. Very reasonable pricing and shipping

Advertisement