Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you find out the list of people doing FAS courses before starting one?

Options
  • 31-10-2011 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

I'm keen to do one, but also keen to avoid arseholes that I suspect might be doing the same one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Highly unlikely you can find this info out , I suspect Data Protection rules apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Do it in a different area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

You should be doing the course because you want the qualification, and concentrate on the lessons and not who's in your class

Would you ask if Mr Arsehole works in the company at an interview?

Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Thetrainer

Don't be surprised if the guy beside you has a degree or masters:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

unreggd wrote: »
    You should be doing the course because you want the qualification, and concentrate on the lessons and not who's in your class

Would you ask if Mr Arsehole works in the company at an interview?

Grow up.

You've obliviously no idea of the crap that goes on in some of the practical courses and the types you end up with.

It can be impossible at times to concentrate when you've to watch your back

did one last year, one lad who had no experience outside family bar work and was fairly lazy became the wipping boy to some of the lads

- trowel full of a semi dry sand and cement mix down his crack
    - twice had a pellet gun fired into his crack
    - wheely bin full of rubble moved by four lads in front of the toilet door while he was inside

I believe he was also sent one day to the rear of the complex for a "long weight" and didn't reappear for an hour

OP If you can, it might be worth trying to get the name and phone number for the course teacher, they usually know the list of people a few weeks in advance - excluding the last minute additions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Thetrainer

Are you for real. I am a trainer and would never give out names, it is my job to control and manage the group in a fair and consistent way. FAS have a disciplinary procedure in place like any Education/Working environment, and if implemented would eliminate the activity that "flesh Gorden" describes below.

Things have changed with the level of courses and calibre of learner that are now attending FAS courses. I recently delivered a high end IT course for FAS and it was a joy to deliver (unlike previous experience in the Education sector), the learners were all aptitude tested and interviewed prior to course. We had 56 people for 20 places with well over half of them getting employment.

Advertisement