Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Island Interview

Options
  • 30-10-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

So I've a job interview for River Island and it's one of those annoying group ones. Has anyone been through one before? Cause I'd like to know what to expect, I think I've heard something about having to dress a mannequin?

Also please don't offer me any advice about what to wear for the interview, the staff where jeans and a t-shirt so it doesn't really matter...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lukers

You're asking for advice on a River Island interview and don't want advice on what to wear based on the fact that the staff wear jeans and t-shirts???!! Don't be ridiculous! It's called a uniform! Having worked in River Island for a couple of years I realised the importance of what to wear to their interviews having seen copious amounts of hopefuls walk through the door wearing terrible outfits!

The first thing that our managers pick up on is what the interviewee is wearing! It is incredibly important to be seen as being current and wearing items of clothing that are seen to be fashionable and popular among our customer base! You need to turn up for this interview wearing the river island brand with your own twist! Make sure it is current stock! Def do not turn up wearing "interview clothes" !!! Also you'll prob be asked why you picked your outfit.

You don't have to dress mannequins, for individual interviews you generally have to pick out an entire outfit and explain why you picked it! Because this is a group interview chances are you won't have to do this, but don't turn up unprepared, you might still be asked what's in season and how you would dress a particular customer.

They place a huge emphasis on customer service so at least try to know what you're talking about! Xmas temps are needed to help out the permanent staff, so you need to come across as someone who knows what they are talking about and can be trained in easily and quickly.

Be sure to have an answer prepared as to why you picked River Island as an employer, be overly eager in your description of why you want this job and how much you'll enjoy it! (even if that's a complete lie!!!!!) You need to be someone that they will remember, they're gonna be interviewing a hell of a lot of people with very limited spaces for the job! Talk over others if that's what it takes and be very confident!

And a word of advice, if you think this is gonna be a piss easy number you're wasting your time! You need to put in the effort, they have no time for people who are in it just for the extra money over Xmas, same with the staff who have to work extra hard for some of the downfalls of hiring Xmas temps! If you plan to make this a permanent position you're really gonna have to work your arse off!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

lukers wrote: »
    You're asking for advice on a River Island interview and don't want advice on what to wear based on the fact that the staff wear jeans and t-shirts???!! Don't be ridiculous! It's called a uniform! Having worked in River Island for a couple of years I realised the importance of what to wear to their interviews having seen copious amounts of hopefuls walk through the door wearing terrible outfits!

The first thing that our managers pick up on is what the interviewee is wearing! It is incredibly important to be seen as being current and wearing items of clothing that are seen to be fashionable and popular among our customer base! You need to turn up for this interview wearing the river island brand with your own twist! Make sure it is current stock! Def do not turn up wearing "interview clothes" !!! Also you'll prob be asked why you picked your outfit.

You don't have to dress mannequins, for individual interviews you generally have to pick out an entire outfit and explain why you picked it! Because this is a group interview chances are you won't have to do this, but don't turn up unprepared, you might still be asked what's in season and how you would dress a particular customer.

They place a huge emphasis on customer service so at least try to know what you're talking about! Xmas temps are needed to help out the permanent staff, so you need to come across as someone who knows what they are talking about and can be trained in easily and quickly.

Be sure to have an answer prepared as to why you picked River Island as an employer, be overly eager in your description of why you want this job and how much you'll enjoy it! (even if that's a complete lie!!!!!) You need to be someone that they will remember, they're gonna be interviewing a hell of a lot of people with very limited spaces for the job! Talk over others if that's what it takes and be very confident!

And a word of advice, if you think this is gonna be a piss easy number you're wasting your time! You need to put in the effort, they have no time for people who are in it just for the extra money over Xmas, same with the staff who have to work extra hard for some of the downfalls of hiring Xmas temps! If you plan to make this a permanent position you're really gonna have to work your arse off!

So I should be as passionate as you then yeah? I've no problems with trends, fashion, style etc I was just more curious about what actually happens in a group interview as I've never had one before and I made the point of making this thread because the only advice I'd gotten is 'go in and see what the staff are wearing and copy them' which would mean be coming into the interview with sandblasted jeans a and a black t-shirt.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Advertisement