Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ww1 belts, p08

Options
  • 30-10-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Why are these two belts modified in this way please?
    100_6298.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Fine robust belts Tom,with the tool helve attachements gone would it be possible that someone used them for civilan use rather than military?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Hi Brendan.
    I have posed the question on the ww1 forum and they reckon they are modified to use with radio and were discussed before on that forum. They are just trying to locate the postings. If you look at the colour you will see they are the same colour used by the Irish Army up to the 1960's. As an ex-signaller I can say they were not used with Irish Army radios after 1972. I never seen '08 belts modified in this way anywhere.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Hi Tom,that's interesting.How did they use them in that way?,were they attached to the belts through the holes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

I really have no idea, sorry.
    The guy I bought them off said he found them hanging up in an old barn.
    Cheers.
    Tom.

Advertisement