Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diaz - the hardest worker in MMA?

Options
  • 30-10-2011 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Who do you think is the hardest working, and the worst working fighters in MMA?

Up at the top end of it i'd say you've got guys like GSP, Frankie Edgar, but I think the number one guy has to be Nick Diaz. The dude runs triathlons for fun. I also enjoyed in the countdown to UFC 137 where they were asking him about his beginnings in Jiu Jitsu and track and he said something along the lines of ''when I started training I knew I was gonna be better than all these other guys just cause I was gonna trainer harder and longer and better than all of them and it was that simple''

The guy is a machine, akin to Mayweather in Boxing. An absolute gym rat.

On the other end of the spectrum I think Rampage is probably the laziest fighter in MMA, BJ is pretty lazy as well, he coasted by on talent for years.

What are your opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

Who do you think is the hardest working, and the worst working fighters in MMA?

Up at the top end of it i'd say you've got guys like GSP, Frankie Edgar, but I think the number one guy has to be Nick Diaz. The dude runs triathlons for fun. I also enjoyed in the countdown to UFC 137 where they were asking him about his beginnings in Jiu Jitsu and track and he said something along the lines of ''when I started training I knew I was gonna be better than all these other guys just cause I was gonna trainer harder and longer and better than all of them and it was that simple''

The guy is a machine, akin to Mayweather in Boxing. An absolute gym rat.

On the other end of the spectrum I think Rampage is probably the laziest fighter in MMA, BJ is pretty lazy as well, he coasted by on talent for years.

What are your opinions?
    You have to first ask yourself is he naturally gifted? If not, is that the reason why he has to train harder than the rest? Maybe he has both qualities? I know when i have to do something i have to work 10 times harder to just have a chance against the guy who can spend very little time at something and be better than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I would say he's the most consistent worker, he maintains a very controlled pass, even when he had BJ on the cae, he didn't go ape ****e trying to knock him out. But kept chipping away at him. Being smart enough to work the body and head. He's like a better version o forrest griffin or rich franklin.

Only thing the man is missing is true explosiveness similar to GSP or Kos
    11ru885.jpg imager.php?id=364430&t=o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's a weird question actually because i'm sure there are guys all over the sport who live and breathe MMA and do nothing but work.

Diaz is ridiculous alright, but I wouldn't call his Triathlons etc "work". I mean, I reckon he does it for fun. He loves doing it and he loves training. I get the impression he's not suffering and seeing it as work like the likes of Rampage who is always moaning about having to train, saying he hates it etc.

if you're looking for hard work in training, look no further than these 2 lads. Rich Franklin and Sean Sherk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Sean Sherk is definitively one of the hardest working ufc fighters. pity injury is sidelining him so much. To think he's only lost to ufc champions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

empacher wrote: »
    Sean Sherk is definitively one of the hardest working ufc fighters. pity injury is sidelining him so much.

Hmmmmmmm......

• Advertisement
Advertisement