Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tooth fell out

Options
  • 30-10-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

My tooth fell out and now the hole is exposed and in a great deal of pain think it is infected and my Dentist isn't opened till Tuesday - have put clove oil on it but still in agony can anyone recommend anything to do till Tuesday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

warm water and salt, rinse your mouth out with this 3 - 4 times a day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Your whole tooth or a crown or filling??

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

pretty much my whole tooth and have tried the gargling with salt & water but no relief. now the gum around it seems to be swollen. Have a dental appointment for this afternoon. Think there is probably a bit of the tooth left there and I'd say an infection by now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Sounds like a portion of the root is left behind, highly likely that it is infected, salt and water is grand to keep it clean but sounds like you need that root removed asap....

Good luck,
    OS

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Thanks, yes the Dentist removed the root on Tuesday afternoon, and was in pain until yesterday after it but its fine now. She put something around it looked like maybe cotton wool and it has now fallen out I presume that is suppose to happen!

• Advertisement
Advertisement