Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicar Street (Seating Question)

Options
  • 30-10-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

Just looking at booking two tickets for Christy Moore in Vicar Street.

Have never been here before and just looking at the seating plan on ticketmaster and there is a few options.

Seating plan below:

http://www.jedworld.com/w/images/thumb/f/f7/Vicar_seating.png/400px-Vicar_seating.png

Regarding the tables they are obviously at the front, but if two people book tickets for the table do we get a table to ourselves or how does it work?

Also regarding the link above is block B a balcony?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Kleenex wrote: »
    Hi,

Just looking at booking two tickets for Christy Moore in Vicar Street.

Have never been here before and just looking at the seating plan on ticketmaster and there is a few options.

Seating plan below:

http://www.jedworld.com/w/images/thumb/f/f7/Vicar_seating.png/400px-Vicar_seating.png

Regarding the tables they are obviously at the front, but if two people book tickets for the table do we get a table to ourselves or how does it work?

Also regarding the link above is block B a balcony?

Thanks for your help

Its 4 per table,
    block b is tiered seating on ground level

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

there's 4 seats at a table, if you book 2 you'll get 2 of them.

as far as i remember block B (and C) is tiered seating down stairs and D E F and the upstairs balconies.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kleenex

^^^ Thanks to the folks above.

So what is block B like in general for watching someone play?

Thanks again

^^^ Thanks to the folks above.

So what is block B like in general for watching someone play?

Thanks again

Perfect view of stage, no pillars to disrupt your view, and even a spot to place your drink

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kleenex

^^

Thanks Again

Looks like for the night I wanted there is only a choice of standing :(

As for the previous night it seems Block F is available (side of the stage) along with tables.

Again what is the view from Block F like?

Would people recommend going for Block F or a table and sharing with 2 others?

Thanks

:)

• Advertisement

^^

Thanks Again

Looks like for the night I wanted there is only a choice of standing :(

As for the previous night it seems Block F is available (side of the stage) along with tables.

Again what is the view from Block F like?

Would people recommend going for Block F or a table and sharing with 2 others?

Thanks

:)

Block f view is excellent apart from the first 8/10 seats in rows b to d as the view of the stage is slightly restricted.
    Its down to what you feel comfortable with as regards table with 2 strangers or going for the balcony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 peigi the platypus

hey there-

just a quick one regarding the tables in vicar street cos i m confused. if you buy two tickets do you get two seats or two tables??? what if you get two different numbered tables beside each other? (i bought tickets to john bishop, it says i've table 3-4, what the hell does that mean, that me and my husband have to sit at different tables?) or are they pretty easygoing with the seating at the designated table once you have your ticket?

would it be considered rude to ask someone at say, table 4, to swap for a table 3 seat so me and my husband could sit together?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭xlogo

Anybody know if Block E is standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Fanirish

block E is seated.

however unreserved standing is sold for upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Furthermore, block E is by far and away the best place to sit. It's very rare that I see it available but it's always my first choice for a seated event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Ah yeah the first row at least of block E is always kept for guestlist and never available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

That's what I assumed, at I've been online the second they go on sale and it's never available then

Still, I only sit for comedy and I like Block D too - good view, handy (quiet) bar, no complaints

Advertisement