Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New policy today, transfer tuesday

Options
  • 30-10-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Howdo,

Need some info guys, unable to contact my insurance company with this query so throwing it out to the public forum!

I am looking at a car today. Private sale. Seems to be a good deal so I am eager to complete today. However, I will need to transport the car. Insurance company not open until Tuesday. I have an existing policy with them with a few months left to run.

If I buy a new policy today, to cover me for the weekend, would I be able to transfer / combine it with my existing policy on Tuesday?

Thanks,

Jumpa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Do you have Fully Comp insurance?

Check your policy terms and conditions as you might be able to drive the other car Third Party.

If so you can drive the car Third Party. At least you can get it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thanks for replying BB. I have third party fire and theft currently but I have an 'add on' that allows me to drive other cars. I thought there was some dependance on the owner of the car (which is now me) to have insurance?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The third party option only applies to cars you don't have a legal interest in, so once you purchased it it ruled that option out i'm afraid.

Advertisement