Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving a PLC Course??

Options
  • 30-10-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. Basically I'm not enjoying the PLC course that I'm on and am thinking about leaving. If I go in and explain and officially leave am I entitled to my money back? I decided to give it a few weeks but it's slowly getting worse. Some of the classes were not listed on the online course information, I don't see the point of doing them.
    Anyway, and help would be great.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,233 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Short answer - no.

You might have had a chance if you had asked within a few days of starting the course, when you saw your timetable, as they could have filled the place with someone from the waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

Nope you wont get your money back and it's a naive move to drop out of a course that lasts nine months. Employers dont look favourably on dropouts whether a future job is in the same area or not. You dont mention having a job to go to so seriously if the alternative is going to be sitting at home twiddling your thumbs then dont drop out, stick it out. It's a short year, a qualification and can be used to get into something different next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

I do have a job, with the option of going full-time. I reckon I'll probably just carry on with this though, do what I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,233 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just as a matter of interest, when you refer to 'some subjects' are you talking about Communications? It is obligatory to all Fetac certificates and you have to pass it to get the qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Ha, yeah it is Communication and Maths. They were never listed so I was quite surprised when I saw that I had to do them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement