Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!

Options
  • 30-10-2011 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

My husband and I have had a very tough year and I want this Christmas to be the best one EVER!!! We have always had amazing Christmas times. I really go to town with the food and lovely trees, but this year want to go that extra mile.

So any tips ideas are welcome.

I suppose really I started "my Christmas" today. I got all the stuff to make the cake, pudding and mincemeat. The cake tin is lined, the fruit soaking in booze, everything weighted out and really to be mixed together tomorrow and baked. So looking forward to the first smell of Cgristmas 2011. Will also do my cooked mincemeat and get it jarred up and ready for the homemade mince pies. Will do the pudding next week.

I booked a lovely hotel also in Belfast for a lovely romantic Christmas weekend away the weekend before Christmas. Look the feel of Belfast at Christmas time. Also the shops!!

Going to also start my present shopping this week. Really want to get something very special for my husband. Again ideas welcome.

So what little extras can I do to make this Christmas that little more special than all the other wonderful ones we have had.

Anyone know any Christmas cocktails? We are thinking of having a Christmas party in our house for friends and family.. Any party games??

We go each year to a lovely place for lunch on Christmas eve so going to get that booked a wll this week.

So Christmas lovers... what do you do to make Christmas more special?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I buy Christmas magazines and they have loads of Christmas ideas. I bought one yesterday that had cocktail ideas, really lovely recipes, etc.
    Have a flick through some in your newsagent. If you're into making decorations/presents they have loads of ideas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

My husband and I have had a very tough year and I want this Christmas to be the best one EVER!!! We have always had amazing Christmas times. I really go to town with the food and lovely trees, but this year want to go that extra mile.

So any tips ideas are welcome.

I suppose really I started "my Christmas" today. I got all the stuff to make the cake, pudding and mincemeat. The cake tin is lined, the fruit soaking in booze, everything weighted out and really to be mixed together tomorrow and baked. So looking forward to the first smell of Cgristmas 2011. Will also do my cooked mincemeat and get it jarred up and ready for the homemade mince pies. Will do the pudding next week.

I booked a lovely hotel also in Belfast for a lovely romantic Christmas weekend away the weekend before Christmas. Look the feel of Belfast at Christmas time. Also the shops!!

Going to also start my present shopping this week. Really want to get something very special for my husband. Again ideas welcome.

So what little extras can I do to make this Christmas that little more special than all the other wonderful ones we have had.

Anyone know any Christmas cocktails? We are thinking of having a Christmas party in our house for friends and family.. Any party games??
    We go each year to a lovely place for lunch on Christmas eve so going to get that booked a wll this week.
    So Christmas lovers... what do you do to make Christmas more special?

Can I come to yours the week before Christmas ??:pac: :pac: Sounds fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Thanks for the replies.

Cake made today and looks like it turned out really well.

Will have a look for Christmas Mags, didnt see any in the shops yet but I am sure I will. What are the Christmas cocktails?

Keep the ideas coming, this is going to be a fantastic Christmas!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭crystallove

buy special gadgets for my friends
    very funny stuffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Will have a look for Christmas Mags, didnt see any in the shops yet but I am sure I will. What are the Christmas cocktails?

I will put up a picture later of the cocktails when I'm near a proper computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Maigh Eo

On the Belfast Christmas markets, I am looking forward to attending those too, but what dates do they start and are they worth the trip...hope to plan a weekend break....after reading the above messages, Im getting into a Christmas mood too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Hi regarding the Christmas markets in belfast, the one at city hall starts the weekend of the 19th-20th November, always a lovely christmas feel, nice craft stalls and lovely hot christmas foods, also if you are in Belfast on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday mornings on the run up to Christmas its worth nipping over to Georges market beside the train station as they normally have some nice Christmas stuff on the stalls, homemade christmas cards, nice craft type gifts etc. There was a stall there last year had some fab handmade door wreaths full of cones, ivy, etc looked and smelled fantastic
    http://www.christmasmarkets.com/UK/Belfast-Christmas-Continental-Market.html#Reviews
    http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/events/christmascontinentalmarket.asp

TRISHKA wrote: »
    Hi regarding the Christmas markets in belfast, the one at city hall starts the weekend of the 19th-20th November, always a lovely christmas feel, nice craft stalls and lovely hot christmas foods, also if you are in Belfast on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday mornings on the run up to Christmas its worth nipping over to Georges market beside the train station as they normally have some nice Christmas stuff on the stalls, homemade christmas cards, nice craft type gifts etc. There was a stall there last year had some fab handmade door wreaths full of cones, ivy, etc looked and smelled fantastic
    http://www.christmasmarkets.com/UK/Belfast-Christmas-Continental-Market.html#Reviews
    http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/events/christmascontinentalmarket.asp

Excellent, thank you for all the information, thats brillant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

The Christmas Market in Belfast is really pretty. About 40/45 stalls some selling crafts but lots of foodie type one. It just feels so Christmassy and I love the city at Christmas.

Carrickmacross in Co Monaghan is having a Christmas market the weekend of 2-4th Dec. Its a lovely little town less than a hour from Dublin and had a nice hotel if nyone wanted a pre Christmas break.

We are going to head up for the day on the 3rd Dec and have a look at the market.

Christmas cake is made and getting fed with brandy every couple of days. Looks like it turned out good. Will put the almond paste on at the end of the month.

Have all the stuff for the mincemeat so might make that this evening, will do the pudding at the weekend. Wanrt to make a chocolate and orange cake but will do that early dec and freeze it.

Started my Christmas shopping and got really excited!!!

Trying to think what to get the husband, he has not dropped any hints as to what he would like.

Excellent, thanks a million for your help

• Advertisement
Advertisement