Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At what age does i become embarrassing to dance?

Options
  • 29-10-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭

I think women can dance in public for much longer than men (white men anyway) without looking weird and cringey. Maybe its because women have more natural rhythm than men. I stopped dancing in public when I stopped taking drugs. What about you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

It doesn't get embarrassing. You're just a bit self conscious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I've never danced in public. Not since.....she left me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

AnamGlas wrote: »
    It doesn't get embarrassing. You're just a bit self conscious :D
    No.I've seen people over 25 dance and it is cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I have two left feet and can't dance to save my life so for me it's always embarrassing to dance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If you can't dance to save your life then staying of the floor might be advisable, regardless of what age you are. But if you're a pretty good dancer, then age shouldn't be an issue. My late Dad (RIP) only stopped dancing after his bypass, he was 74 at the time. He also gave up smoking after 50 years and the thing he missed most of all was not being able to throw some serious moves on the floor. OP - enjoy life, don't let age restrict you and why should it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Life's too short. Do whatever the fúck you feel like doing so long as you're not harming anyone. Dancing like a mong falls under that category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

27 is the answer. You're not too old but your old enough to stop looking like a dork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

pragmatic1 wrote: »

And I've seen plenty of under 25's that couldn't dance to keep themselves warm.

Why should age even be an issue though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I stopped dancing when i started taking drugs, they fúck up my rythmn/beat and i lose all sense of direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The question should be "After how many pints is it embarrassing to dance?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

No age limit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Anyone can dance at a wedding but in a club or pub over 28 i'd say its time to stop unless your really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I reckon thread should be about embarrassing parent dancing.

We all know how parents dance....."crabs with mad cow disease" if I can borrow Jasper Carrott's description. My Dad dances like he's trying to wind a rope between the back of his neck and the front of his knee (picture one knee raised and both arms circling said knee profusely).

Weddings are hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

The question should be "After how many pints is it embarrassing to dance?"

I think its more the case... "Before how many pints is it embarrassing to dance?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Does not matter how you look or how people look at you, no matter what age you are. All that matters is how you feel about yourself and if dancing makes you feel good keep on dancing.

The words of Mark Twain come to mind ........" At age of nineteen I was surprised at my fathers ignorance and at the age of twenty one I was astonished at how much he had learned in two years"

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm very self-conscious about dancing so I only do it when I'm smashed and then it doesn't look so much like dancing as a guy who's having some sort of a fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

I reckon thread should be about embarrassing parent dancing.

We all know how parents dance....."crabs with mad cow disease" if I can borrow Jasper Carrott's description. My Dad dances like he's trying to wind a rope between the back of his neck and the front of his knee (picture one knee raised and both arms circling said knee profusely).

Weddings are hilarious!

My Dad tries to break dance, a.k.a sits on the floor and spins, very cringeworthy when you're young, but when you can drink, it looks quite funny :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Xenophile wrote: »
    Does not matter how you look or how people look at you, no matter what age you are. All that matters is how you feel about yourself and if dancing makes you feel good keep on dancing.
    What are you doing on Boards, Ma? You're embarrassing me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I've just got one dance move really, and I've been using it since the Happy Mondays played Feile in '91.
    I've obviously honed it to perfection in the intervening years.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

When my daughters give me that look as I shake my ass on the dance floor.
    First of all I do a hand stand, than I will pull one of them up dancing with me, that
    Usually stops the embarrassing look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

When your only dance move left is to tap your foot to the side and click your fingers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Embarrassment is something you can only feel when you care about other people's negative thoughts about what you do and say. Understandable of course if what you are doing warrants such judgement, but dancing is hardly one of 'em - unless you dance in a fashion which resembles David Brent. Otherwise though, fcuk what people think, life's too short.

My Dad tries to break dance, a.k.a sits on the floor and spins, very cringeworthy when you're young, but when you can drink, it looks quite funny :pac:

Aww man! If you're out of illegal substances and are looking for a better laugh, a wedding attended by your parents is a great substitute. Especially if they're dancing to one of your favourite tunes!

I've never seen my Dad trying to breakdance though lol.....damn showbands! Why couldn't they have cranked it up a notch back then? :mad::mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭passarellaie

What sad bas....s you kids are.i am an old guy who loves to dance and will dance until i am 100 if i can.Pobrecitos how sad you all are

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

pragmatic1 wrote: »

If you endlessly worry about what others think then life gets a bit dull I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The white man should never dance, they should mearly nod their head to the beat whilst drinking.... no more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

You're never too old.

TBH, I probably shouldn't be let anywhere near a dance floor because I am absolutely awful, and drunk me thinks he can do the shuffle. Anyway, that said, I love hitting the dance floor and making an eejit out of myself. I think it's great craic. So I've no intentions of stopping it any time soon!

Advertisement