Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd interview info

Options
  • 29-10-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Done an interview on Wednesday and got a call a few hours later to say they would like to do a second interview next Wednesday ? Is this a good sign or is there some info they need to clarify with me ? They didn't give me a whole lot of details on it as well.

Also the 1st interview was a round trip 440 miles not inculding hotel,food etc and now I have to do it again :( would it be cheeky to ask is there a remission of funds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Spunk84 wrote: »
    Done an interview on Wednesday and got a call a few hours later to say they would like to do a second interview next Wednesday ? Is this a good sign or is there some info they need to clarify with me ? They didn't give me a whole lot of details on it as well.

Also the 1st interview was a round trip 440 miles not inculding hotel,food etc and now I have to do it again :( would it be cheeky to ask is there a remission of funds?
    Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Spunk84 wrote: »

Yes, it is probably a good sign.

Also, yes, it would be cheeky

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It depends on the company. I know some companies like Google, Facebook etc will pay some costs (they even fly people over to the US for a week with expenses just to interview them!) so it may not be too cheeky. Again, it depends on who the company is and how big they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Why risk the possible job offer over a few Euro?

If you get the job;

You will soon forget the expense or they may offer to pay it.

If you don't get the job;

Then politely ask for expenses, while thanking them for the opportunity and making it clear that if their first choice does not work out that you are still very interested in working for them in the future.

Good Luck!

yea i think asking them might put a black mark on the judging stage:) see what comes of it

• Advertisement

So back from second interview, it lasted of all of 10 minutes!!! Was just asked to go threw my CV again and that was it????? There was 2 new interviewers, they mentioned would I work in Belfast or the location I was, told them either was fine. The interviewer said she would talked to HQ ( I take it as Head Quarters???) about working in Belfast and That's was it!!! Thanked me for coming and said HQ would be touch at the end of the week. No new questions, no tests, nothing just my CV. Is this a bad sign :(

Advertisement