Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Population of the earth

Options
  • 29-10-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭

Here's an interesting little gizmo http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515
    Apparently there were just under 2 and a half billion people on earth when I was born, and tomorrow it is estimated there will be 7 billion. That's some jump!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Good lord 3.6bn when i was born... !
    trying to fathom a figure of 7bn is just.... beyond my comprehension...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

When you were born, you were the:3,271,887,343rd :cool:

Population 3,268,896,000 when I was born.
    (I cant even say that number :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I feel so proud, I was the 3,411,641,876th arse slapped, the Doc must have had a sore wrist....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

The latest thinking is that the human population will peak at 11 billion as people get more educated and comfortable living outways having large families. Already the birth rates in some of the south asian nations have declined in the last 20 years since they moved from developing to developed nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

chucken1 wrote: »
    When you were born, you were the:3,271,887,343rd :cool:

Population 3,268,896,000 when I was born.
    (I cant even say that number :pac:)

In "proper" language it is Three thousand two hundred and sixty eight million,eight hundred and ninety six thousand.

in "modern" it is three billion two hundred and sixty eight million, eight hundred and ninety six thousand.

Signed a silly Rube

• Advertisement
Advertisement