Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Freelander and reduced engine performance.

Options
  • 28-10-2011 11:38pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

I've an automatic diesel 2007 Landrover Freelander with 100k km's on the clock. In the past few weeks I've had a few instances of the engine losing power and staying on "reduced engine performance" until I switch off and start up again.

It seems to happen when I go to overtake and floor it. The engine revs, you can suddenly feel the power loss and then you're on reduced power for the rest of the journey. The dashboard computer shows up info sign telling me I'm on reduced performance but there are no other warning lights to specify where the problem is. If I don't drive hard there is no problem but it wouldn't exactly fill you with confidence when overtaking.

Anyone else come across this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Does it downshift first? Do those have the five-speed Ford autobox? They do all sorts of quare things - diag is your only man, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Transmission is Haldex IIRC

It sounds like a sticking Turbo wastegate causing overboost and the ecu cuts the fuelling and goes into limp mode as a result. Whatever it is, it will be recorded as a fault and you should get it plugged in, do not go near a main dealer though! You can DIY if you buy a Bearmach Hawkeye.

Have a mooch round the Freelander 2 forum and see if anyone else has had the same - http://www.freel2.com/forum/

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Advertisement