Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

87 days to go :)

Options
  • 28-10-2011 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Only 87 days left till my due date :) and I'm getting very excited also a but nervous!!
    How is everyone else getting along? How long left for you?
    I panic some days and think I have nothing organised for babies arrival. But I don't want to get things like hospital bag ready too soon. When did you get things like this ready

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

We just had our 3rd child yesterday and tbh its never too early to get ready. Take it nice and slow and enjoy the time you are having with your babs..as youll never get to have such a unique, intimate experience again with your child.

My wife had her bag packed and ready to go @ about 32 weeks.

Best of luck and enjoy your experience!!

p.s...dont forget to have camera batteries permently charging!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Only 87 days left till my due date :) and I'm getting very excited also a but nervous!!
    How is everyone else getting along? How long left for you?
    I panic some days and think I have nothing organised for babies arrival. But I don't want to get things like hospital bag ready too soon. When did you get things like this ready

I just checked my pregnancy app on my phone and I only have 40 days left :eek:

I got my hospital bag ready a couple of weeks ago (around 32 weeks like the poster above) just in case. I don't think you can get stuff like this ready too soon. By the end I'm sure we will be obsessively making sure everything is organised so it's good to have something out of the way. One less thing to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I just checked my pregnancy app on my phone and I only have 40 days left :eek:

I have 39 days left! I think I'm going to go and buy the hospital bag stuff this morning as I'm starting to freak out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gtul

13 days left to go and no hospital bag packed yet, I'm way too easy going:D In saying that i have everything i need to go in it, just haven't packed it!!! i might pack it today, feel a bit funny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Not got a date for c section yet, but am assuming I have about 80 days left. Knowing me, I'll probably pack the bag the day before I go in. I'm probably going to leave looking for a travel system till the Jan sales! Can't believe how laid back I am, but suppose it's no3. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

I have 56days to go, and I cant wait for it to come quick, AS I have swollen ankles, feet, the skin on my legs has totally broken down due to the rash that I have. So I am in agony, the whole time... So roll the 56th day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

So exciting cant wait. Keep dreaming about giving birth and every time its nice and calm so hopefully thats a good sign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

Haven't posted here much at all, but I have 61 days to go. Need to get a double buggy sorted, bag packed etc etc.

Last time I collected the travel system car seat and all the Saturday before our son was born. Only finished packing the bag when I was told by gp I was been admitted with high Bp & protein in urine at 39 weeks.

Depending on what happens in the next few weeks I may end up having to have a section so it could be even sooner than that but we'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I have 17 days to go :eek: I am running on mixed emotions - excitement and terror!! ...And we still have no name for him / her !!

I have the babys stuff packed along with my toiletries but that's it. I have very little left in the way of clothes that still fit me, so I can't pack a spare set away just yet... and we are still missing a pram/buggy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

26 days to go :eek:

have most of the stuff packed, but am also sketchy on what clothes to pack for myself...since anything that fits is in constant rotation...gonna paint the nursery tomorrow (well, hubby will - I'll supervise ;-)) and wash the last bits of baby stuff. got the car seat base thingy installed as well - last thing I'd want is fiddle around with that while in labour. :D

getting a bit more real now, the whole thing... and we don't have any definite names yet either - still looking for some nice middle names for either boy or girl...

• Advertisement

11 days left today!!! and still haven't packed the bag since i last posted. Oh the joy of bank holidays. Already have had a nap followed by a large bowl of ice cream:):) The pressure is unreal today, can barely walk 10ft

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

74 days left today! cant wait.:D pity i have to head to work in half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

gtul wrote: »
    The pressure is unreal today, can barely walk 10ft

I'm a few weeks behind you but had unbelievably bad pressure yesterday and lots of pain in pubic bone area. That whole area felt like it was being split in half whilst being stood on by an elephant or something. I was crawling around in my mums house crying my eyes out :o It has calmed down a lot today though so hopefully you'll feel better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I'm getting a lot of pressure too some times its pretty bad its such a weird feeling. Can't believe only 12 weeks left for me!!! I'm still tiny when I think of how big my sister was at this stage makes me a little scared that something is wrong or I have a tiny baby going to mention it at my next midwives clinic.
    I have my first antenatal meeting tomorrow bit disappointed as OH can't come as he has to work but he'll be at the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I'm a few weeks behind you but had unbelievably bad pressure yesterday and lots of pain in pubic bone area. That whole area felt like it was being split in half whilst being stood on by an elephant or something.

This is exactly what I have been having the past week. Walking the dog is a challenge now! It seems to be worst in the evening time - it can completely cripple me :(

This is exactly what I have been having the past week. Walking the dog is a challenge now! It seems to be worst in the evening time - it can completely cripple me :(

I gave up walking the dog about 6 weeks ago, poor fella is getting so fat. I used to be fine for about a mile and then all of a sudden it used to feel like the baby was going to fall out, it used to drop all of a sudden, horrible feeling. Now i permanently feel like this. I'm sure that this sort of pressure means baby is ready to go soon, fingers crossed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I don't know how many days I have left to go, but I was saying to my Husband this morning that I can now officially say that I am due next month.... :eek:. I'm due on December 23rd.

I've got a few small bits together for my hospital bag. Yesrday I bought the baby's 'first outfit'. I figure he'll be wearning his brother's hand-me-downs for long enough, his first outfit at least should be a new one! It's only a babygro for after he's born and a little warm snowsuit for bringing him home. I was looking at them thinking, he'll never fit into that, it's too small! (it's for babies up to 10lbs so I hope to God it's not too small :eek:)

I'm taking a day off next week to get the hospital bag sorted out as well as Santa for my first son. Also have to get him a birthday present as his birthday is a week after Christmas. I'm calling it 'Operation Jingle Bells'.... can't wait!!

Advertisement