Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web site design costing

Options
  • 28-10-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am building my first website for a project in my computer science course. One of the tasks I have to do is a cost-benefit analysis for the site development and maintenance. We were never given guidance on it however and I can't find anything concrete on the net. This is meant to be a real world scenario so assume that I am a qualified developer.

I created a very basic logo for the company (took 10 mins in Illustrator);
    Created and designed the entire site;
    There is a form on the page where users can request a quotation and another where they can upload testimonials;
    An admin area for the company to upload new photos to the site without the need for a developer;
    We also have to take hosting and domain names into account.

Could anyone give me a quick breakdown on what this would cost in a real life situation? The link to the site is here if that's of use. Bear in mind that the site is not yet finished!

Comments

Pick an hourly rate that represents your honest opinion of your current ability. Spec the job and project how long it should take you (as opposed to how long it actually takes you to research new concepts, etc). Hours*Rate=Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

I created a very basic logo for the company (took 10 mins in Illustrator);
    Created and designed the entire site;
    There is a form on the page where users can request a quotation and another where they can upload testimonials;
    An admin area for the company to upload new photos to the site without the need for a developer;
    We also have to take hosting and domain names into account.

Hi!

1) basic logo €50-100
    2) design - depends on how many pages (5 pages ~ €500) and graphics (custom made ~ €500, template: free to €50)
    3) form. I would include that in the design
    4) admin/CMS. That could be tricky €500-1000?
    5) domain name: €10-25/year each. Hosting: min €50/year

That's what I think! But it is very difficult to understand as people charge per hour so it really depends on the time you spent on it!

Advertisement