Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Ducato Radio help

Options
  • 28-10-2011 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi All. I have a problem that I could do with some advice on. I have a Ducato 2010 based MH and the radio reception is comical to say the least. I bought a nice new sony unit but cannot get the fiat unit out. I have the removal tools and the left sides frees but the right side seems to be completely stuck. Does any body know what i could try to get the unit out and secondly does anybody know here the hell the radio aerial is in a 2010 Ducato? I have read it's in either the roof, wing, mirror , dangling in free space in the engine compartment etc. Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

The radio aerial is usually built into the side mirror , if tyhr van was ordered with one at all. Some MH companies still get chassis cabs with the roof mounted aerial , which gets lopped off when they fit the MH body .

re the radio , press it in and shake it before trying to pull it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭runner2011

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    The radio aerial is usually built into the side mirror , if tyhr van was ordered with one at all. Some MH companies still get chassis cabs with the roof mounted aerial , which gets lopped off when they fit the MH body .

re the radio , press it in and shake it before trying to pull it out.

Hi Aidan, Thanks for the advice. I eventually got the radio out , one of the spring clips had bent backwards and was catching the unit when I was pulling it out. Only took 4 hours :D Re the Aerial. I found an aerial that was used at some stage with a DVD player..smallish rectangular thingy. I put that into a space at the back of the Stereo in the recess and works about a million times better than the Phantom "fitted" one. :cool:

Advertisement