Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Smoking???

Options
  • 28-10-2011 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

On the luas today I saw a young lad "smoking" what appeared to be an electronic cigarette. When he inhaled a little blue LED in the tip pulsed. Fine, I assumed it was like a nicorrette fake cig thing. But then, he exhaled smoke? WTF? He continued to smoke it for three or four minutes on the tram, then stopped till he got off and started puffing again.

What in the name of god was this thing? Hoping this isnt showing me up as super innocent/naive...

LB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

AFAIK its vapor he was exhaling not smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

This was moved here from Smoking so be gentle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Ah so not a troll then just a curious non smoker.
    Good he's in the right place so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

OP, it was an e-cigarette.

It can be used with, or without nicotine, (usually with nicotine), e-juice comes in pretty much every flavour under the sun, and the vapour produced contains fewer chemicals than cigarette smoke.

Check out the stickys at the top of the page if you want more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cheers, actually ended up having a chat with a chain smoking colleague yesterday, he gave me a rough idea of them. Supposedly is becoming quite popular.

Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement