Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing money from Ulster Bank with my credit card without the pin.

Options
  • 27-10-2011 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I applied for a new student credit card a few weeks ago and I received it last week. :)

The pin wasn't sent out with the card. :confused: I phoned the credit card company and they said they will send me out a new pin that could take 4 - 6 working days to come.

The woman on the phone told me I could go in to the bank and they are able to override the pin but I really should have it, she said if the bank knows me it could be ok.

I don't really know anyone in the bank, I just go in the odd time to cash a cheque. I need money tomorrow for my landlord, any advice would be appreciated. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You can get a cash advance in the branch.

Bring in your passport or drivers licence for proof of identity.

I'd suggest doing it early cause it's not something that's done often so explain your situation when you get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Silvisy

What do you mean by a cash advance sorry, havn't done that before, do you mean a overdraft??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Yes, a cash advance is like an overdraft.
    They debit your credit card and give you the money. Interest is charged from day 1 (unlike credit card purchases where you can have between 30-50 days before they charge interest)

Advertisement