Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Derry

Options
  • 27-10-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some secure parking for a few days in Derry, preferably near the new Airporter premises on Bay Road.

I am planning on going away for a weekend, flying from Belfast International and getting the Airporter coach from Derry to Belfast.

I am travelling from Donegal and want to drive to Derry and leave my car there for the weekend but am unsure where I could park it. Any info would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,143 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You could park it in Da Vinci's Hotel car park which is close by. It is open and not secure though. You'd just be taking a chance, but I'd say the chances of anything happening to it are slim.

Not really any other parking nearby tbh. The nearest multi storey is about a mile or so away in Quayside shopping centre. Not sure what their rates are for several days either. Could find out for you if you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

NIMAN wrote: »
    You could park it in Da Vinci's Hotel car park which is close by. It is open and not secure though. You'd just be taking a chance, but I'd say the chances of anything happening to it are slim.

Not really any other parking nearby tbh. The nearest multi storey is about a mile or so away in Quayside shopping centre. Not sure what their rates are for several days either. Could find out for you if you need to know.

Thanks NIMAN. If you happened to find out the parking charges you can let me know but don't be going out of your way to find out. Unless it very expensive I will probably park there then so. I'd guess it be fine at a hotel car park too but at least if it is secure I wont be at the back of my mind while away.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

ring the airporter and ask them, they are generally very helpful and proactive and have probably come on this question already.

i would hazard a guess that they have an agreement with davincis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I think I'd rather leave my car in front of Da Vinci's reception area than in the Quayside to be honest. That place feels dodgy during the day!

I'd say you'd be grand if you leave it in front of the entrance to Da Vinci's, the reception area faces right out onto it, and you can see here how close it is to the new Airporter office.

Advertisement