Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysql

Options
  • 27-10-2011 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

If I want a mysql database where would be the best place to create one, preferably free? I have ms access so would this be any use or are there better ones to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

donalg1 wrote: »
    If I want a mysql database where would be the best place to create one, preferably free? I have ms access so would this be any use or are there better ones to use?

What kinda database do you want to create?

MySql is top notch, however hasn't a MsAccess like interface. Typically its use is on a server whereas MsAccess is a personal database.

Many hosting providers will give you a number of Mysql databases included in your hosting package ranging from 1 or 2 to unlimited depending on your package.

MySql is open source software so you can download it and run it on your machine for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Thanks for the reply just noticed on my web hosting package there is an option to create databases so this should see me sorted.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Toad is a fairly decent frontend for MySQL, if you're running it locally. Or even remotely, once you've remote access to the db

Advertisement